The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old August 19, 2018, 03:52 PM   #26
F. Guffey

Quote:
That case method is a good way to get your butt blown into the bushes. Enjoy the ride.
Hatcher reamed/increased the length of the chamber by .060"?. He used 30/06 ammo in his new creation, he did not have case head separation nor did he experience catastrophic failure and the firing pin did not drive the case forward to the shoulder of the chamber when it struck the primer.

F. Guffey
Old August 22, 2018, 06:14 AM   #27
J.G. Terry

Chamber Cast

I stand by what I say. Chamber cast is the way to go. This case business is voodoo reloading.
Old August 22, 2018, 10:04 AM   #28
F. Guffey

Quote:
I stand by what I say. Chamber cast is the way to go. This case business is voodoo reloading.

Quote:
Chamber cast is the way to go.
I said I cast chambers; my methods and or techniques are different. I said I form cases for unknow chambers. I have also said I measure the length of chambers without head space gages, I make no apologies because it is something I do. I do not believe it is difficult because when it comes to measuring the length of the chamber I can measure the length of the chamber three different ways without a head s pace gage. The last time I was accused of voodoo reloading was on the shooters forum. A moderator removed my post claiming I was going to get someone killed with my voodoo reloading. I said nothing but in a few months he did a cut and paste of my responses claiming he was the author; he started with "No biggie, I do it all the time etc. You have to understand he was not trying for respect.

F. Guffey
Old September 1, 2018, 07:10 AM   #29
J.G. Terry

I'd complain or let Unclenick know about this travesty. It's unbelievable that somebody would so plagiarize your best thinking.