The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 16, 2000, 03:53 PM   #1
Ned Roundtree

I've noticed some cowboys shooting factory loaded BP in their 12 gauges. Has anyone seen BP factory loads for 20 gauges. Need supplier or manufacturer if any??
Old February 16, 2000, 05:46 PM   #2
zip

i asked this qustion a while back and heres the info i got i have not called yet to see if they do 20 though but thats what i need also

Howdy Zip,
3-D just recently started selling pre-loaded BP ammo,including shotgun ammo. Phone # is 402-842-2285.

Bellicose Bill

------------------
oneshotonekill
Old February 16, 2000, 08:16 PM   #3
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Ned and Zip,

I need to 'fess up and tell y'all that I was mistaken about the factory BP ammo. It's not,3-D,but Ten-X that is now producing BP ammo. Go to the Ten-X Homepage and check the price list.

Sorry Ned,no 20 gauge,just 12-at $24 for 50.

Bellicose Bill
Old February 16, 2000, 10:37 PM   #4
Ned Roundtree

Cor-Bon calls theirs US Cavalry Black Powder Ammuntition, waterproof Paper Hull, Scattergun Shot Load. 10 @ box for $8. Only in Twelve Gauge. And I think I have also seen Federal with some out, only in Twelve Gauge. But at one of the matches, I'm pretty sure someone was shooting 20 gauge BP. Maybe they was home brew loads. Any other brands out there??
Old February 16, 2000, 10:44 PM   #5
Alex Johnson

I don't remember the name of the company, but I believe that Shotgun news occasionally carries an add for black powder shotgun shells. It seems to me they were an English brand and quite expensive, but I think they may have had 20 guage. You might want to consider loading them yourself however. I have been loading them for a couple of years now and it's not too difficult and a heck of a lot cheaper than buying them.

------------------
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."-Second Amendment to the Constitution
Old February 17, 2000, 09:52 AM   #6
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Old Western Scrounger advertises them on their site. #7.5 25/$18.95. Www.snowcrest.net/oldwest then click on the shotshell ammunition link on the left.