The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 26, 2001, 07:52 PM   #1
TGS

Win Mod 70, .308 adjusting trigger weight

I have been able to find good instruction for my 700 Sendera and Savage 110 and have them both at 3lbs. Im primarily bench (varmit) shooting and could lighten them a little. I did so on the Remington, down to 2 lbs but brought it back up to three, I just couldnt get used to such a light feel (never felt like I was the one deciding when it was to go off and with three lbs there is just enough tug to make it feel honest.
I have just bought a Model 70 .308 Stealth and would like to bring this one down frm the factory 9.5 to 3 lbs also. Can you lend a hand where I might find the instruction. From the looks of it (exploded illustation in my American Rifleman Gunsmithing) the trigger group drops out and there is a trigger spring with to nuts. I sure could go for a good step by step before I pull the trigger assembly.
thanks
Tom
Old June 27, 2001, 06:55 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

TGS, go to http://www.recguns.com/IIID2a23a.html and you'll find complete instructions. George
Old July 1, 2001, 05:17 PM   #3
TGS

George your right on top of it

Went to the sight and had it wrapped up in about an hour. Thanks a ton for the info. Its a great sight and the instruction couldnt have been better.
Thanks again
Tom