The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old November 5, 2005, 10:46 PM   #1
CQBArms

Small gripe

Sometimes there will be pictures and associated text but never a full description of the load out in the picture.

It would be great to know a majority of the load out on a particualr rig.
CQBArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2005, 07:23 AM   #2
Pat Rogers
Member in memoriam

Space is always an issue in publishing...
Understanding that, i try to include relevent information in conjunction with an article. That is, if the story is about a weapon sight, i'll include pertinent information about the platform. I won't include information on what type of boots a subject may be wearing, as it offers nothing for that particular article.

My belief is that the majority of people who post are more concerned with gear then Tactics, Techniques or Procedures (TTP).
This became apparent when i did a story about the "Quick Peek". I showed Caleb Crye (of Crye Associates) taking a corner in his facility in Brooklyn. Caleb was weilding a prop gun, made by them for a display of a future combat system (not weapon related) for DOD, but the display needed a futuristic weapon to top it off.
I received a tremendous amount of e mail on what strange new rifle this was, who made it. and what the price and availability were- but relatively few about the TTP.
Go figure.....
Gear is important, and many in and out of the business are gear queers, and therefore have a thirst for information on what is being used.

Short answer is space availability limits detailed descriptions. It is not likely to change.

Pat sends
www.eagtactical.com
Pat Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2005, 10:23 AM   #3
CQBArms

gotcha
CQBArms is offline   Reply With Quote