The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 11, 2017, 02:09 AM   #26
Ibmikey

Agree with tunnel rat, each of us must decide for himself, my saying I prefer the Shield has no impact on anyone but me. Also ask any question on specific firearms and see the suggestions that range from a sling shot to a howitzer which ever Model pistol the poster likes better than that in question.
Old August 11, 2017, 04:42 AM   #27
dean1818

To the OP........

A simple upgrade on my Shield came by adding a short section of Bicycle Tube to the grip

It added volume and comfort for me

Buying American made, wherever I still can
Old August 11, 2017, 08:51 AM   #28
adamBomb

Quote:
Anyway, I guess I'll forego the Shield and see if I can't figure out a way to carry the 26 comfortably
I would bring it to a shop and try out a bunch of holsters with the gun and see if you can find a good way to carry it. I like the 26 IWB at 3 or 4 oclock but obviously each of us are built differently and prefer different methods. The grip is just short enough not to print on a shirt at 3 and 4 which is why I couldnt use the 19. Having said that I am carrying my SW bodyguard pretty much all of the time now because its just so much easier to carry.