The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 22, 2005, 12:32 PM   #1
Jaxen

CVA Colt Walker

I was looking at buying a Colt Walker by Connecticut Valley Arms, anyone familier with this one? Quality, maker etc? It looks from the markings (AS? and M seperately) to maybe be Armi San Marcos?
Old March 22, 2005, 01:15 PM   #2
mec

Afriend has an ASM Dragoon. New in the box, it was out of time- he had to fit a new hand. The chamber mouths were undersized and of different diameters- he had to fix that. The trigger pull was heavy and the action was rough. By the time he got through with it, it shot very well and it is nicely finished.
He believes the ASM to be better on average than Pietta but this is a minority opinion.
Old March 23, 2005, 01:43 PM   #3
Mike Weber

My experience with ASM made guns has not been favorable either. The quality of Pietta made guns has improved considerably since the installation of their new CNC equiptment at the Pietta factory. If I were in the market for a Walker type revolver the only one I would consider would be the Uberti.
A place for firearms enthusiasts to congregate.