The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 27, 2023, 04:19 PM   #1
Trooper Joe

PSA banned me for life

After buying 3 guns in the last several years from PSA, I had trouble with the 4th gun purchase. It was an RIA 1911 that had a serious idiot scratch on the frame and slide. This was allegedly a new in the box-firearm that had obviously been mishandled by someone.

PSA advised that I had to send it to RIA repair. RIA repair required that I had to have my local dealer send it at my cost.

I contacted my credit card company and PSA sent me an approved return authorization the next day. As soon as they received it the charges were removed from my credit card. There was no notification of being “banned for life” by returning a defective item.

In the last several weeks, I have tried twice to purchase two more firearms and was denied by PSA each time.

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with PSA? Please disguise your identity if you reply. I would not want anyone else to be “banned for life” also.

Trooper Joe
Old November 28, 2023, 01:22 AM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
PSA advised that I had to send it to RIA repair.
In accordance with the return policy stated on their website.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/help...-return-policy
"After purchasing a firearm, if you discover any issues or problems with the firearm, please refer to the Manufacturer's Warranty. "
Quote:
I contacted my credit card company...
In other words, you didn't follow their process, you forced them to follow yours. If you force someone to do something they don't want to, it's not surprising that they might be unhappy about dealing with you in the future.

Well, for better or for worse, your days of making PSA do your bidding are at an end. You won--you made them knuckle under, but apparently in their estimation, whatever they were making off gun sales to you wasn't worth the risk of having you pull that on them again. Time to find another online gun seller.
Old December 1, 2023, 10:38 AM   #3
stagpanther

PSA and RIA--that's like double the risk. I think the OP got out light and should count his blessings.
Old December 1, 2023, 12:26 PM   #4
MarkCO

If I was PSA, I would have done the same thing.
Old December 1, 2023, 02:03 PM   #5
Trooper Joe

Interesting comments.

I guess if I was PSA, I would have been willing to at least talk to the longtime customer and see if maybe I had a staff member who opened the gun box and maybe caused the idiot scratch.

As you may know, it is next to impossible to talk to a real person at PSA. Check out some of the other concerns that have been posted about PSA.

Trooper Joe
Old December 2, 2023, 12:12 PM   #6
bamaranger

done

What's done is done. I've not conducted business with PSA nor RIA so can't advise on their dealings.

I do have a RIA GI 1911, bought affordably through Rural King. It takes cold blue very well.
Old December 2, 2023, 09:30 PM   #7
Dashunde

You took the weasel route.. but PSA was deflecting responsibility and not standing behind what they're selling. I don't care what their fine print is.. its a gun not a sealed box product, anybody who receives/ships it should be checking the numbers so its an open box and they missed all opportunities to inspect what they're shipping.
So weasel deserves weasel imo.

Consider yourself lucky.
Look, you called the cops on your date, you cant ask them out again.

Buy from your LGS, the big boxes and the everything-country stores like Rural King, B&D, etc..
Old December 3, 2023, 07:13 AM   #8
Trooper Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashunde View Post
You took the weasel route.. but PSA was deflecting responsibility and not standing behind what they're selling. I don't care what their fine print is.. its a gun not a sealed box product, anybody who receives/ships it should be checking the numbers so its an open box and they missed all opportunities to inspect what they're shipping.
So weasel deserves weasel imo.

Consider yourself lucky.
Look, you called the cops on your date, you cant ask them out again.

Buy from your LGS, the big boxes and the everything-country stores like Rural King, B&D, etc..
What is the weasel route? Do you think a critter got in the box and scratched the gun before they sent it .

Trooper Joe
Old December 5, 2023, 12:03 AM   #9
veprdude

Eh. I had a similar issue with Classic Firearms a few years back. Bought a Beretta target 22 pistol. Front sight was filed down and couldn't be properly sighted in. Sent it back. They sold out and refunded me less a restocking fee, even though it was a defective product. They offered to compensate me for the difference on my next purchase. I haven't returned.

"Lowest Bidder" retailers tend to have "Lowest Bidder" customer support.

PSA may have done you a favor.