The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 6, 2000, 09:19 PM   #1
george miller

i recently was told that the buffer disintigrates after use and that i need to purchase another one.i have only shot my m11 on few occasions and not noticed anything.i was also told that i need to replace factory hammer, firing pin ect as they too are not durable.is this true? if so where can i get new ones and where can i get a bigger bolt handle(like the old style with the slot cut in it for sight pic)thanks,overall, is this a durable gun?
Old February 7, 2000, 03:46 PM   #2
Dakotan

The bolt’s recoil buffer will disintegrate, but it takes it a while. About 1k rounds minimum,but it never hurts to have a spare around. Buffer Technology’s product is a great improvement over the original part.
I wouldn’t get too worried about the stock internals in your M11/9 actually failing as
much as I would not having any spares, and suddenly finding myself with no parts
available! Personally, I would just have them around just in case. Also check out RPB
Industries for some interesting accessories and parts. SG news always has their ad, and they stock a TON of MAC, Cobray, and SWD parts. Overall the Cobray or SW Daniels M11/9 is a very durable, utilitarian gun that, like any other, will take care of you, if you take care of it....and damn they’re fun! Good Luck- Dakotan

Last edited by Mal H; April 6, 2023 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Delete bad URL
Old April 6, 2023, 02:07 PM   #3
Ghost Cobray

I recently noticed my buffer was in bad shape. I bought some impact and heat resistant 1/8" urethane and made a bunch of new ones. I removed the corner that the guide rod goes thru and there is no disassembly besides pulling the bolt out and slipping the new buffer into place.
Old April 6, 2023, 08:19 PM   #4
Polinese

My friend this thread is 23 years old