The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 15, 2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Addicted2Shooting

Thoughts on 'Victory' (Glock) 9mm 33rnd Magazines

I haven't been able to find a lot of reviews on these 'aftermarket' mags and what little I have found is mixed.

About the mags(As advertised):

Description:

Victory Glock 9mm 33rd Magazines. Identical to the original in appearance, function & fit. These magazines are Guaranteed to be 100% reliable as original Glock magazines.

9mm 33rd Magazine
High-Tech Polymer Body As Original
Steel Lined As Original
DROP-FREE
Hi-Performance Spring As Original
Count Windows As Original
Front & Side Magazines Release Cuts As Original

Victory magazines are made in Korea by a major military NATO approved manufacturer.
All Magazines are guaranteed to be top quality and 100% reliable.

Now before anyone starts trashing this thread about how they wouldn't buy anything other than Glock parts/accessories, just know that the 33rnd Glock mag costs about $50. (AND I KNOW, You get what you pay for! I understand.)

Despite the lack of information available, I went ahead and picked one up for $15 + free shipping. I figured for $15 if it works well at all, it would be worth the $15 to use for simply target shooting at my home range. If it turns out to be total junk, I'll send it back or trash it. If I have any problem out of it at all, it would not be trusted in a critical situation (but then again, I don't intend to use it as an everyday carry anyway)

One of the cons I recall reading about with these mags is that they don't 'drop free'. I recently received mine in the mail, loaded it up (and yes the last few rounds were a pain to load) and the mag drops free no problem at all.

All in all, the mag looks pretty close to the factory Glock mags I have, other than the large floor plate. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but it 'appears' to be of the same rugged design (metal lined) just as the Glock mags.

I will be posting updates as soon as I get a chance to test it out, and we will see how reliable and durable it really is.

Please post your thoughts and experiences

Victory 9mm 33rnd mag
Old January 17, 2012, 08:01 PM   #2
Stumper

The Korean 33 rd mags have worked flawlessly for me...as have the Korean made standard capacity mags. The only issue is that it is nearly impossible to get 33 rounds into them when new. I load them with 27-28 rounds and let them set for a week then unload and reload with more. After a few cyclings it becomes easier to fully load them.

"If only God has magic, how does Santa get down the chimney?" Natalie Peters age 4
Old January 17, 2012, 08:10 PM   #3
johnwilliamson062

The S. Koreans have a huge and very competent arms industry. Sold piston ARs decades before anyone in the US was and at a reasonable price. I read very little bad about these magazines or much else that comes out of S. Korea.
Old January 22, 2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Addicted2Shooting

Well, I finally got a chance to give it a 'shot' today.

As promised here are the results thus far:
Keep in mind, I've had the mag for a couple weeks now(since I started this thread). Upon receiving it, I loaded it to maximum capacity and let it sit until today when I was able to do some shooting.

Test run #1:
Glock 19
Victory 33rnd mag
Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115gr FMJ
(brass cases, noncorrosive boxer primers)
10 yards(30ft)

Fired three single shots to gauge accuracy/consistency; dead center (sub 1").
Fired 2 shots; double tap (1" group)
Fired 5 shots repeatedly 1.5" group)
Dumped the rest of the mag as fast as I could... had a couple fliers, but all rounds accounted for on the paper.
Slide locked back, mag dropped free.

Result: Not a single hiccup in all 33rnds. No failure to feed, no failure to eject. Slide locked back. Mag dropped free.

*Note: This was my first test run with this mag and also the Sellier & Bellot ammo. I will be doing a couple more test runs using Winchester white box, Remington UMC, and Federal to see if there are any differences.

*Side note: Thus far, I am pleased with the S&B ammo...33rnds in and no problems...967 left to go.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-22 18.12.33.jpg (201.8 KB, 16 views)
Old January 23, 2012, 05:14 PM   #5
nmg

Everything I've heard says they are fine for range use, but can sometimes be unreliable. Who cares, I really doubt anyone's betting their life on a 33 round magazine...
Old March 4, 2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Addicted2Shooting

Just wanted to post an update:

I've ran 3 full (33 round) victory mags to this day using the S&B 9mm ammo and have not had a single hiccup. Again, this is firing single shots, double taps, and then dumping the mag.

At this point, I feel for $15, the mag has definitely been worth it.

To anyone on the fence about these mags, I think they are 100% worth the $15 value.

If at a point in the future I experience any issues, I'll be sure to report it.

*Note: Based on the reliability I've had with the victory mag (thus far), there's no way I'd consider the much more expensive 33 round Glock mag.
(This is subject to change if malfunctions become present)

Hope this helps!
Old March 4, 2012, 12:35 PM   #7
amd6547

I only wanted one 33rd mag for fun with my G17...I was able to buy a genuine Glock 33rd mag for much less than $50.
Old March 4, 2012, 08:06 PM   #8
Addicted2Shooting

Yeah, if i could have found a factory 33 round glock mag for anywhere close to the victory mag i would have went that route. Sadly they go for quite a bit more. Not worth it to me. Id rather save the money and buy more ammo.