The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 9, 2017, 02:47 PM   #1
Doc Holliday 1950

acceptable laser

Would the experts think that the LaserMax Guide Rod Green Laser Sight for Glock 19 Gen 4 Pistols - LMS-G4-19G be the most acceptable or best laser for A Glock 19 gen 4??
There is another post on lasers right now but I think that my question would get lost in the responses to that.
As always, all responses are welcome. One last thought. This isn't whether laser sights are good or bad, but if this is the best for the Glock model indicated.

Doc
Old February 9, 2017, 03:30 PM   #2
Cheapshooter

Far from a laser expert because I personally don't see the need. But I have heard many complaints about the guide rod laser.
It's not just a guide rod swap. Also takedown latch, and from what I heard recoil spring.
Also heard the spring should be changed at around every 1K rounds.
I can attest to LaserMax quality, or lack there of, as I did have one on an LCP mostly just for grins. After the second one broke shortly after they replaced the first one, I never put it back on, or bothered to send it back in order to get more junk from them. They did however send me a whole card (12) of really cheap batteries for my trouble the first time.
I'd say, if you must, stay with Crimson Trace. Seems they have proven themselves as the most reliable, and when you are trusting your life to circuits and batteries it better be the best!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old February 9, 2017, 03:42 PM   #3
DaleA

Are we talking about this one?
https://www.lasermax.com/products/gu...ers/lms-g4-19g

I've got no problem with it except that I've tried lasers and didn't like them. Some folk do like them. I'd have to use one a lot to get comfortable with it.

I got to fire an LCP with a LaserMax on it and the owner said the problem was the switch for the device got turned on several times without him wanting it on and he went thru several of the 'N' size batteries.

The device you're looking at though is NOT like the LCP model so maybe this won't be a problem.

It might be fun to have one just to say you tried it.

Good luck.
Old February 9, 2017, 03:57 PM   #4
O4L

Best laser for a Glock 19?

Not for my money.

I would rather have a laser/light combo that attaches to the rail. There are good ones available that are less expensive than the Lasermax.
Old February 9, 2017, 04:20 PM   #5
MarkCO

Quote:
I would rather have a laser/light combo that attaches to the rail. There are good ones available that are less expensive than the Lasermax.
Totally agree.
Old February 9, 2017, 04:51 PM   #6
Fine Figure of a Man

No first hand experience, just high cost and bad reviews deterred me from buying. I have a few Crimson Trace lasers and I like them.
Old February 9, 2017, 07:31 PM   #7
springer99

Don't have any Laser Max sights, but have a hard time believing that being installed into a guiderod they can be as repeatable as ones solidly mounting on grips.

I do have a couple of CT laser grips and can readily attest to their quality and reliability. I especially like that gripping the gun instinctively turns the laser one; I don't have to fiddle around for a separate switch.

Now that Smith & Wesson owns them, I can only believe that they'll be around for a long, long time and look forward to even more product innovation.
Old February 9, 2017, 10:27 PM   #8
redlightrich

I am sorry I can't answer your question, but I will say it is a very clean installation. My issue comes from the high price, especially when a rail is there, for a less expensive option.

Gosh, it cost well more than half a new G19!!

Good luck which ever way you decide

Rich
Old February 9, 2017, 10:38 PM   #9
Cheapshooter

Just a little food for thought.

http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glo...laser.1538486/
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...ock-19.276519/
http://glock.pro/glock-pistols/7527-...rod-laser.html
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old February 11, 2017, 11:14 AM   #10
Doc Holliday 1950

Thanks. You all pretty much gave me the info that I was asking for. I've almost bought this 5 or 6 times, but stopped each time. Guess I should listen to my inner self.

Doc