The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 21, 2013, 05:34 AM   #1
rebs

case trimmers ?

I am looking at the world's finest trimmer and the Possom hollow trimmer. Does anyone have either that can give a review of them. The Possom hollow is 35.00 with power adapter and the worlds finest is 70.00. Is it worth double the price ?
Old August 21, 2013, 08:26 AM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

I don't have either, as I use a Giraud. Try looking at You Tube videos of folks demonstrating both tools. You should get an idea of how quick they are from that. One thing I notice is the WFT has holes to let brass particles out. That may help with speed as you may have to stop and knock brass out of the Possum Hollow. But it may be no big deal.

Note that you still have to chamfer and deburr using either trimmer.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Last edited by Unclenick; August 21, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old August 21, 2013, 08:36 AM   #3
schmellba99

I have a Possum Hollow.

It works just fine - I chuck it up in the drill press and can trim fairly rapidly. My biggest complaint is that I still have to chamfer and debur, but at least it significantly speeds up the trimming part.

With all of these trimmers you'll have to figure out your technique - with my PH, I have to spin the shell so that I get an even trim all around. If i don't, the neck will have a slight angle to it. Just the nature of the beast.
Old August 21, 2013, 04:58 PM   #4
osirus82

I have yet to use it but i got the WFT-2 the one you can change out the guts to use for other calibers~ thats what sold me. I did watch as many videos as i could and read reviews too. I received it a couple weeks ago, they said the other calibers were 25.00 each.