The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 12, 2007, 08:00 PM   #1
xjz

Which lyman reloading manuel

I'm going to get a lyman reloading manuel to give me a 3rd reference and I had a question. I only reload for 9mm and .45 ACP right now and don't own another pistols/rifles besides .22 and only reload cast lead bullets. My question is which manuel should I get the "48th edition" or the "pistol & revolver" manuel? Does the pistol & revolver manuel have different loads or more for pistols than the 48th edition. I'd like to buy the 48th edition if the pistol & revolver is just the handgun section out of the 48th edition. Anyone have both, one, or the other, and can make a recomendation.
Thanks.
Old May 12, 2007, 08:24 PM   #2
benedict1

Pistol and Revolver has more loads, including loads for big bore handguns and Thompson. I like it better than 48th ed.
Old May 12, 2007, 08:41 PM   #3
Rimrod

For the 9mm and .45ACP they list the exact same bullets. The only difference is the P&R manual list extra powders. (True Blue, Zip and Titegroup)

If these extra powders don't interest you, you might want to look at Lymans website for books. They may still have some Pistol and Revolver handbooks: 2nd edition, at a very low clearance price.
Old May 12, 2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Trapper L

Before you spend the bucks for a Lyman, take a look at the Lee manual. It will have far more info/data in it than the Lyman. It's about the best manual out there and sometimes Midway has it on sale for $10.00.
Old May 13, 2007, 09:30 PM   #5
cheygriz

Get the newest Lyman. Then look around gun shows for a few older Lymans.