The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 19, 2011, 12:18 PM   #1
jb683

Hornaday Is the greatest!

I got a LNL Auto-charge last year at Christmas and it had worked quite well until here lately. The display would jump around and just would not settle down on any of the charges I would lay out. I contacted Hornaday and talked to their rep on the phone. We tried a couple of things to get the unit to work proper, but no luck. So he gave me a return number and I shipped it back. Well it came back today, and they replaced it with a brand new unit, in the box, for no charge. They have a customer for life!
Old October 19, 2011, 12:24 PM   #2
wncchester

I'm happy for you but not surprised. Those things are like most other consumer grade electronics today; made to cheap to make anything but trivial repairs worthwhile, they just get tossed and a new one sent out instead. And that's not unique to Hornady.

As a retired electronic measurement instruments tech I can say that digital gimmicks are great ... until they fail. And they all fail, it's just a matter of time, not brand or initial cost. There are no digitials on my bench.