The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 2, 2013, 10:47 AM   #26
RC20

No sympathy. When people buy far in excess of what they need then the shortage ensues. We don't have a shortage, we have hording.

I am having to buy ahead of what I would because of that, but I am only doing enough to get me through the next 8 months at which point I hope the madness will have subsided, stupid me maybe as I should have bought them and then sold them.

Its spread like wild fire to everything and one day people are going to wake up and try to figure out what hey are going to do with 40 years worth of primers, brass, bullets and ammo boxes.

Me, if I find it, I am buying a bit ahead but I am not taking it all and leaving it for the guy who needs it.

I have about 2000 large rifle primers and did not buy the box of Large Rifle I could have so the next guy that needed them (hopefully not another horder) could have them.

Once they start to catch up then the industry will have a recessions.
Old March 2, 2013, 11:16 AM   #27
serf 'rett

Snuffy - If you were eating healthy, you would have discovered the wide rubber bands used to hold broccoli bunches together were the perfect size for those 9mm boxes. That's what I use if I’m hauling a pile of Berry’s boxes, stacked on end or sideways, on the hour trip to the range or hour trip back. No tape residue.
Old March 2, 2013, 11:21 AM   #28
dickttx

serf 'rett, as for me, one rubber band every 10 years wouldn't come close to filling my needs.
Old March 3, 2013, 09:27 AM   #29
Cascade1911

Funny thing with the ammo boxes, even when there wasn't the panic buying going on, when I could buy whatever primers or powder I wanted when I wanted, the availability of boxes was hit or miss, at least at Mid-South and Midway. I would place orders with the above every month or two and sometimes they would have the boxes I wanted and sometimes they would not. It was not a big deal to me because if I didn't get 'em this order I'd get them the next but I recall wondering why it was so hard to keep Case Guard boxes in stock. Like Staples running out of bic pens or the grocery store running out of oreo's.
Old March 3, 2013, 09:34 AM   #30
Gdouthit

what is up with plastic ammo boxes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Wheel Man View Post
I'm just finishing up the interior of my new walk in gun safe / reloading room...
Can we see a picture?
Old March 3, 2013, 09:35 AM   #31
EFMAN2K3

It is rather bizarre. I ordered 2 ammo cans from ammotogo on Jan 31st, they arrived Friday March 1st. Supposedly they were in stock??
Old March 3, 2013, 09:24 PM   #32
Sport45

Quote:
Can we see a picture?
It's impressive. Check out this thread. Pictures start about post #46
Old March 4, 2013, 01:52 AM   #33
Boomer58cal

Love the safe, Errr valt, Errr bomb shelter. Or whatever it is.One question though. Will you adopt me?