The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 7, 2016, 07:43 AM   #1
Don P

2016 IRC

For those that compete, the 2016 IRC held at Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof Florida is in the history books. Absolutely great weather for the match. As part of the staff we shot Friday and it is a bit grueling shooting 13 stages in one day. 7 stages in the morning ,a break for lunch and 6 stages to finish up the day. A good time was had by all. Absolutely looking forward to next years match.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old November 7, 2016, 10:15 AM   #2
AzShooter

Congratulations to the staff for a great match. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Wish I could have attended.

Working and shooting a match like the IRC is an accomplishment. More people should try it to understand what the ROs are going through. Very dedicated people and they deserve our thanks.
Old November 7, 2016, 06:47 PM   #3
g.willikers

Here's the stage designs for the International Revolver Championsip:
http://universalshootingacademy.com/...-match-stages/
Old November 8, 2016, 07:47 AM   #4
Don P

AzShooter, your kind words are appreciated. A half day Thursday to refresh everyone on the rule book working the match as a RO or CRO and staff meeting. Friday on the range for 7am and were leaving 5:15pm. Saturday 7am and we were done at 4:30 having 10 squads come through. On Sunday 7am and we had our last squad the third for the day finish up at 11:30. Lunch after that and then waiting while scores were up loaded and the standard 1 hour wait for shooters to view the scores and bring forward any possible disputes with regards to scoring. Then to the awards and prize table. We were on the way home by 2pm. As I stated a long but great weekend and worth the aches and pains. Here is the link as g.willikers posted,I worked stages 6 and 7 in the same bay with 14 resets between the 2 stages http://universalshootingacademy.com/...Inal110116.pdf
Old November 8, 2016, 09:14 AM   #5
g.willikers

Hopefully some of the participants stayed to help tear down the stages and put the stuff away.
Old November 9, 2016, 07:10 AM   #6
Don P

Quote:
Hopefully some of the participants stayed to help tear down the stages and put the stuff away.
At this match it was set up when I arrived on Thursday. Some of the stages were kept and modified from a previous match called the Monster match which is usually a 500 + round match. This range has a working staff and they will tear down and put the equipment away. Most of the major matches that I have attended tear down is on the hosting range staff.