The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 22, 1999, 09:30 AM   #1
fubsy

At the local gun store they have a shotgun made in turkey, (first gun im aware of from that country), when I first saw the thing I thought it as a new benelli or beretta 390 or variation from the external appearance, although once I put the glasses on I was a bit disapointed. The shotgun is semi auto with a mag cut off and chrome lined barrel and chokes, polymer/plastic stock and on this model a horrible buttpad....so of the store folks were tellin me that they had tested this particular shotgun amd it had fed 23/4 and 3 inch loads of various strengths with no problem...the barrel is only around 18 or 20 inches......anyone else know of this shotgun...the store Im talking about wants $400.....fubsy.
Old April 23, 1999, 09:27 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

American Gunsmith had a assembly/disassembly writeup on the Bunda in the Sept. '98 issue. Imported by EAA. According to AGI, it is about as simple as an auto-loader can get. They say that it is considered very rugged and reliable. Requires only regular routine maintenance. Doesn't have any real problems.
Post if you want the disassembly instructions.
Old April 23, 1999, 09:37 AM   #3
fubsy

fal308...thats good to know...I liked the shotgun, I just wasnt sure about the durability of it....tks fubsy.
Old April 23, 1999, 09:55 AM   #4
Erich

FWIW, American Rifleman ran a "Dope Bag" review of the Bunda shotgun in an issue within the last year, or year-and-a-half (Sorry, I don't have the article anymore). They seemed to think it was quite serviceable, as I recall. The name sort of threw me for a loop, though; here in the SW I've heard "bunda" used to refer to the lower female private parts.