The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 20, 1998, 10:46 PM   #1
Kodiac

In a Small Arms gude I saw an entry for the PANCOR companies shotgun called the Jackhammer. It is like a bullpuped revolving futuristic gun. Very cool looking. The ammo was in 10 round "cassetes" that were color coded for the type of loads. Pumped once the first time and functioned like the Webly automatic revolver for the rest of the shots. When empty it automaticly ejected. You could take a fresh cassete and set it to fire like a land mine. This is cool. The guide saide it is in trials... but I never heard of it or PANCOR.

Old October 20, 1998, 10:59 PM   #2
Rob Pincus

Land mine?
Old October 21, 1998, 09:40 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Modern Small Arms by Ian Hogg 1994 edition has a writeup on it. Mfg-Mark Three,Albuquerque NM. 240rds/min. cyclic rate. Book says automatic, gas-operated. Floating barrel thats moves to form gas tight seal with cylinder. Mostly synthetic material by DuPont called Rynite SST. Can also use a special high pressure round called Jack Shot.
Old October 21, 1998, 10:08 AM   #4
Kodiac

Land Mine... You step on it (Pressure plate triggers that you attach to the cassete and set it especially for this purpose) and all 10 shells go off in a very rapid succession. Mind you, this is a military shotgun design intended for warfare... despite the late Princess Diana's pleadings - all is fair in war. Even nasty little land mines. Clever.
Old October 21, 1998, 11:36 AM   #5
Rob Pincus

yeah, wonder if it ever wa produced?

Another "super weapon" is the .223/12Guage combo gun that has been on Display at SHOT show for the past few years, with an operating prototype and everything. They keep saying "we'll be shipping _this_ summer!"

yeah right.