The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 24, 2009, 08:52 PM   #1
bkhann

Winchester WSF

I have about 1/2 lb of Winchester WSF that I would like to use up.

I load 9mm 125 gr FMJ, 38 Spec 115 gr LRN, 125 gr Full Plated, and 125 gr FMJ, also 357 mag 115 gr LRN, 125 gr Full Plated, and 125 gr FMJ.

I ran into a feed problem with 9mm and COL of 1.169. The optimum COL for my pistol is 1.015. I am a little hesitant to reduce the COL that much.

Anyone using WSF for these calibers and weight bullets and any suggestions for loads to use up this powder? Hodgdon shows very little for WSF and these pistol loads.
Old December 24, 2009, 09:09 PM   #2
zxcvbob

I use Herco load data for WSF for cartridges where they is no data available -- but I don't go crazy with it because it's probably not a perfect match.

It works pretty well for .357 Magnum @ 9.5 grains, 125 grain jacketed bullets, and standard pistol primers.