The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 18, 2014, 08:38 PM   #26
5whiskey

Went to the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Raleigh today. Everything was priced to "okay deal" to "yeah right." I saw a 6920 MOE Colt for $1050. I talked with the vendor to see if he would do that price out the door (while telling him up front that I wasn't gonna buy it). The vendor said he probably would, depending on timing and circumstances. Yeah... that's a touch better than Lawman's in Garner will do after a LEO discount.

Found some "Anderson Arms" lowers for 70 bucks, doubt that was out the door. Still not a bad deal for a generic lower though.

Also, I found some okay deals on powder and primers. Primers for as low as 27 bucks... I couldn't believe that. The average price was around 32 or so. As far as I'm concerned, 30 for a box of primers is a good price these days. Powder was scarce but available. 23 a pound is about the lowest I saw I believe, which is an alright price these days. 26 to 28 was average.

I did see 100 rounds of once fired brass for 4-6 dollars at one booth. I got 100 once-fired pieces of 9mm brass thrown in with a powder purchase, making my gun show day a good deal. Deals were there, but not abundant.
Old January 18, 2014, 08:47 PM   #27
9mm

update, I went to a show today, looked around at 40% of the tables and saw one for $600, so I bought it, then looked at other tables and saw some dealers want $650 - $750 for a tan model lol while others had $600-$650.

Show did beat local prices here. I was happy, even with the entry fee of $8, scored 380 ammo for $20 a box also PMC, cheaper than at any store here.

Best part is it came with an extra magazine, (extreme model) while other deals had the 238 non extreme model (1 magazine) for the same price or $50 more lol. These magazines are $40-$50 from sig..