The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 7, 2010, 02:08 PM   #1
wyo1

Fugate Firearms, I got scammed

Just wanted to get this out in hopes of saving someone else the turmoil I have endured. I purchased a rifle from Matt Fugate of Fugate Firearms in Gilbertsville, Ky off of gunbroker and got scammed big time. The rifle was advertised as 100% NIB, I called Matt, he stated that if I didn't like the gun I had a 3 day inspection/return no hassle money back guarantee. Well the gun showed up and was clearly used, showed lots of wear,buggered up screws, etc. I sent the gun back but now he refuses to refund my money stating that I damaged the gun. Now he has the gun and my money. I will have to involve a lawyer, not really sure what to do. I cannot believe the level of deception I have been subjected to. These guys are dishonest and deceptive to say the least. Hope this keeps someone from making the mistake I did. Adam
Old February 11, 2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Five deletions, five reprimands so far in this thread. Anyone else want to fail to read/comply with the forum rules?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting