The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 9, 2002, 08:45 AM   #1
Guyon

Finally bought a light. . .

I know I don't REALLY need it, but I succumbed to the Xmas buying bug and got myself a dedicated tactical light for my HD shotgun.

Here's the one I picked: http://www.botachtactical.com/intecm3tacli.html

I wound up going with the Streamlight M3 for a few reasons.

Number one: It's NOT integral. My HD gun is also my slug gun, and I'd just as soon be able to take the light off with ease when I go hunting. I like my longer fore end and 4 shot sidesaddle (as opposed to shorter fore end and 6 shot sidesaddle), and I don't want to change out the fore end.

Number two: Price. That Surefire system is nice, but even more pricey than this Streamlight. I got the light and the mount on sale, so I did even better on price.

Number three: Streamlight makes good lights. I have several Scorpions scattered between various vehicles and hunting bags, and they've all been reliable flashlights.

When it gets here and I give it a whirl (now where in the world can I shoot after dark?), I'll get back to ya'll with a report. I'm particularly curious as to how the bulb holds up after a dozen or so slugs go down the barrel.
Old December 9, 2002, 05:25 PM   #2
curt

excellant idea eric. I had my M3 launch its lens off of my Glock 35 during a class and didn't notice until hours later, luckily i found all the bits.
Old December 9, 2002, 05:56 PM   #3
Guyon

Good tip. Now the question becomes: Where can I get a black "tactical" rubber band?
Old December 9, 2002, 09:02 PM   #4
RdB

Hmmm, just a thought, I bet those small, thick rubber bands that come on broccoli stalk (or a lobster's claws) would work great...

$95 is a good price for a neat gadget.

Russ