The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 26, 2015, 09:16 AM   #1
garyg199

Anyone know where I could purchase this blank firing replica?

I'm looking for the Umarex/Walther PPQ M2 Navy Kit. The blank firing replica. I have found it on European sites but most do not ship to the US. All I can find is the actual live firing model or an airsoft version.

Also...if I were to settle for a P99 or P22 (which is all I can find to buy in America) does anyone know if they have threaded barrels so maybe I could just buy the umarex suppressor?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Old May 27, 2015, 12:04 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Here is one source of blank firing replicas. I am not sure about the suppressor; AFAIK, to BATFE a suppressor is a suppressor and an NFA item whether it is to be put on a blank-firing pistol or a regular pistol. The exception would be a pure dummy can with no sound reducing capability at all, and even then you might get heat from LE unless/until you can convince them it is a dummy.

Jim
Old May 27, 2015, 03:30 PM   #3
Venom1956

why do u want it? this is an actual firearm forum you'd be better off looking in a airsoft, blank gun or airgun forum.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old May 27, 2015, 03:33 PM   #4
carguychris

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyg199
...if I were to settle for a P99 or P22 (which is all I can find to buy in America) does anyone know if they have threaded barrels...?
Although I realize they're not P99s in the strictest sense, Walther lists threaded-barrel versions of the PPQ M2 and PPQ 22 in their catalog, although I can't find where these models show up on their website.

I also recall having seen threaded-barrel versions of the P22 at gun shows, although Walther does not appear to currently offer one.
Old May 27, 2015, 05:16 PM   #5
DaleA

Color me confused.

Do you want a blank firing gun that you are going to put a suppressor on?

I'm intrigued. Please provide more information.
Old May 28, 2015, 08:55 PM   #6
James K
Member In Memoriam

Ooops! I forgot to include the link in my previous post; don't know if it will help, but here it is:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...=121&c=4&s=583

FWIW, suppressors don't work well with blanks. The suppressor needs a bullet so the gas behind it will be directed into the can; with no bullet, the gas just goes right out the muzzle. Some suppressors will reduce the noise of blanks if there is a flexible constriction at the muzzle, but usually the gas pressure is sufficient to force the "wipe" open. The result is that while the blank will create less noise than a conventional round, the percentage of sound reduction will be significantly less with a blank than with a live round.

Jim

Last edited by James K; May 28, 2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:48 AM   #7
Prof Young

Try the Collector's Armory

Try the Collector's Armory. When I need a gun for stage use that's where I look and have been please with several purchases.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Tags
blank gun , ppq , suppressor , umarex , walther