The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 20, 2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Rachen

BREAKING!!! NY Daily News Hosts POWERFUL pro-gun article

Gun Control Led to Holocaust

On a fairly liberal paper read by millions each day, and even employs a very anti-gun editorial author (Mike Lupica), it was very unusual to see this being published.

Now, we can estimate over 1 million people is going to read this article by the end of this day, and see Mayor Bloomberg and his fellow anti-gun elitists in a different light.
LINK:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1099073
Old June 20, 2012, 12:26 PM   #2
kinggabby

Don't know much about the man but I do agree with what he says about gun control. I only hope people will understand. Unarmed people are slaves.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Glenn E. Meyer

Point has been made before. Rep. (D) Dingell brought it up a long time ago in the gun control legislative debates.

Independent of our political battles, I read a scholarly book on genocide (not a gun book) that discussed how they come about and one point was that the targeted group was unable to defend themselves.

Unfortunately, some target groups don't believe it - being in denial.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:52 PM   #4
ltc444

Leon Uris wrote an outstanding book which dealt with this issue. Mila 18.
Old June 20, 2012, 05:45 PM   #5
mete

Research on this subject should include the Warsaw Ghetto ,where a handfull of Jews armed mostly with handguns completely changed German Army Tactics.
But there were Jews there who couldn't see that the world was collapsing around them.
Old June 20, 2012, 09:30 PM   #6
MTT TL

I hate to break it to you but that was their idea of satire.
Old June 21, 2012, 06:33 AM   #7
jtmckinney

Another good read that deals with the Holocaust and gives some links to gun control implimented and how it was used in Nazi Germany is "THE NAZIS A Warning from History" by Laurence Rees. Gun control was just one of the things the Nazis used. The whole political environment that existed and the Nazis were able to take advantage of is facinating and the "A Warning from History" portion of the title is something everyone should pay attention to.

I don't live there so will not get a chance to decide if I would vote for him or not, maybe i would and maybe I would not. Looks like he would pass my "Pro 2nd Ammendment" litmus test.

Have a great day!
James
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"
Old June 21, 2012, 06:53 AM   #8
saltydog452

Good deal. Now if 'The ___Times' franchise (fill in the blank) could only see the light.

Thats pretty much the choice we all have isn't it? We either see the light, or feel the heat. *

salty

* Courtesy of Ray Wylie Hubbard. Adapted to the lyrics of 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'.

sd.
Old June 21, 2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Webleymkv

While I have no love or support for the gun control movement, it would not be entirely intellectually honest not to point out that there were several factors that contributed to the Holocaust, or most other acts of genocide for that matter, and that disarmament of the populace was/is only one of them.
Old June 21, 2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Gary L. Griffiths

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but that was their idea of satire.
My take on the article, too. More in the vein of "Look what those kooky right-wing politicians are claiming now." Plenty of space on one Jewish group decrying the ad, nothing about JPFO, who have been preaching that for years!
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)
Old June 21, 2012, 04:24 PM   #11
berettaprofessor

Oh yeah, they were making fun of Joe the Plumber, making themselves feel good by correcting whatever minor errors he made, and they never stopped to consider his main point; A disarmed citizen is dead or a slave.
Old June 21, 2012, 04:40 PM   #12
Skimp

Once the law to disarm is signed, the enslavement and massacre will begin.
Just ask the citizens of other countries who are not armed.

Many Americans are already slaves to the economic machine, and have to work everyday just to stay afloat with bills. Even those who are retired are enslaved to pay for medication, just to live a quality life.