The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 11, 2018, 09:44 PM   #1
samsmix

Browning Black Label 9mm

Will this ever be a thing? I mean if Sig and Kimber have similar sized nines, could it happen? Any rumors to this effect?

IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
howcome God made 'em outta meat?
Old March 11, 2018, 10:24 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Will what ever become a thing? Are you asking if Browning will offer their scaled down 1911 in 9mm? I doubt it. I've handled and shot the .380 version. The magazine isn't long enough to handle 9mm. Even if it could, I don't know that the scaled-down parts are robust enough to handle 9mm.
Old March 12, 2018, 09:36 AM   #3
samsmix

That's kind of what I'm asking.

I know the mag isn't long enough. The grip would need to be lengthened, but that's been done in several designs.
The Sig and Kimber "mustangs" are a little bigger in 9mm than they are in .380, but a far cry from a mere cut down 1911.

I think there is a market for such a pistol. Lots of folks, myself included, would be inclined to carry a slim, classic design, with a good trigger...or at least our preferred trigger.

Last edited by samsmix; March 12, 2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old March 12, 2018, 02:10 PM   #4
JJNA

Browning is on record as stating that the materials used in the 1911-380 are not robust enough to withstand the 9mm Parabellum.
Old March 12, 2018, 02:11 PM   #5
samsmix

That's too bad.

I would have loved it.