The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old November 22, 2001, 07:44 PM   #1
38 Super Man

Suppressor Info

Does anyone know of a web site that has suppressor kits or suppressor blue prints on it? If so please post or e-mail them to me.

[email protected]
Old November 23, 2001, 01:08 PM   #2
scouter27

NO!
Old November 24, 2001, 08:50 AM   #3
Jake 98c/11b

Since 1986 supressor parts have been treated the same as fully functional supressors in the eyes of the law. Because of this you will not likely find a source in this country or one that will ship to you from overseas. If you did you would be in violation of existing law even by ordering (conspiracy to break the law) and in fact you will not likely find anyone here to provide any information for fear of being labeled a coconspirator. I realize you are likely ignorant of the law so I am offering this in explanation. The guys here at TFL are usually very helpful and willing to provide info on most projects but this is one of the exceptions. As to sites that can help you understand the inner workings, I'm sure they are out there but you are on your own with that as well. I think the only way you MAY be able to get someone to talk to you about this is to fill out the forms to legaly build a supressor, if/when you get approval you may find someone who is willing to help you since at that point you can establish that you are going about things according to the law. Things may have changed recently but last I knew an individual could make a supressor (or short barreled rifle or shotgun or destructive device or AOW) after submiting the proper forms to the ATF AND after receiving approval to build. I may go through the process if my curiosity gets the better of me one day. I have always wanted a small light SBR for camping and kyaking.
Old November 24, 2001, 11:17 AM   #4
38 Super Man

Thanks for the info. I am not trying to break the law, I would never think of that. Where do you go to buy one legally?
Old November 24, 2001, 01:45 PM   #5
Jake 98c/11b

You have to find a SOT holder in your area (assuming you are in a state that allows them). The SOT holder is usually called a class three dealer, some dealers list this in the yellow pages that may be the best place to start. Without knowing where you are I can't tell you much more. If you can find the web site of a manufacturer of supressors you can E. mail them and they may be able to help locate someone in your area.
Old November 24, 2001, 04:26 PM   #6
38 Super Man

Thanks Jake
Old November 25, 2001, 06:35 AM   #7
Jake 98c/11b

No problem, let me know what you decide to do.