The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 10, 2017, 09:10 AM   #1
eagledancer

T/C .45 Cherokee

Hi all, I inherited a T/C .45 Cherokee ser# 5568 with no rear sight. Does anyone have a source for a sight?
Old August 10, 2017, 10:45 AM   #2
Pahoo

You can still find them but rare

Quote:
Does anyone have a source for a sight?
You may have a couple of choices here. If you are looking for a TC-OEM, then first try Ebay or GunBroker. Sadly, there are a bunch of folks on Ebay that are stripping SikeLocks for the parts. Sometimes there are fouled barrels on Ebay that still have the mounted sights. Keep in mind that the Seneca sight is the same. Then you can try Dixie or Track of the wolf. I wet to a Full-Buckhorn when I had to replace one and it looked pretty neat. Good luck and keep us updated.

Be Safe !!!
Old August 10, 2017, 11:16 AM   #3
Pahoo

Take a look !!!

Here you go but don't stop shopping as I think that you will find additional options. Good luck and keep in touch ......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thompson-Cen...wAAOSwIclZg6-W

Be Safe !!!
Old August 10, 2017, 12:05 PM   #4
roashooter

If you are not aware...those TC Cherokees are coveted little BP rifles. I have the same one in 32...just for squirrels and such
Old August 10, 2017, 01:39 PM   #5
eagledancer

Thank you all for the quick replies! This poor thing had been yooperized with a Tasco scope and mount by hand drilling a couple of new screw holes, one of which didn't hold anything and then epoxying the whole thing down for deer hunting in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We were able to "dismount" the whole mess and it cleaned up pretty good. Barrel seems to be OK after lots of hot water and soap, I think the dirt kept the rust away. Don't know for sure when it was made. I'm thinking this takes a .440/.445 ball and .15 patch #10 cap?
Old August 10, 2017, 03:19 PM   #6
Pahoo

Shot-sting review !!!

Quote:
440/.445 ball and .15 patch #10 cap?
You should be using a #11 cap and start out with the .440, only because they are easier to find. The patch is fine. If you have a rough "shootable" bore, the .015 patch and .445 ball, is going to harder wo seat than the .440. Range-time is always in order. These are sweet little rifles and enjoy shooting mine. ..

As Far as butchering up SideLocks, I've see more than I care to look at. ...

Be Safe!!!
Old August 10, 2017, 09:00 PM   #7
eagledancer

Pahoo - Gracias amigo!