The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 3, 2020, 01:13 AM   #26
bamaranger

the one that got away

The .35 half magazine that slipped through my fingers was a very 1950-60 looking rifle, w/ 22-24" barrel. Stainless lever rifles were a long way off.

Jmr40, I don't think we are talking the same gun. Techically, I think what I saw was a 336C or SC. Interestingly, I've never seen another in person.
Old February 4, 2020, 03:10 AM   #27
gb_in_ga

Stagpanther, YMMV. FWIW, I handload, so your reduced recoil loads may not resemble mine.
Old February 4, 2020, 06:46 AM   #28
stagpanther

Quote:
Stagpanther, YMMV. FWIW, I handload, so your reduced recoil loads may not resemble mine.
I handload too, but the owner relies on commercial hunting ammunition. He is going to use it to hunt deer, so I told him to select the ammo he wants to use and then I will finish testing and print out dope charts for him. I think the gun is more than up to the task to take game, and I love the idea of it being used for that, as long as it's not bashed up in the process--I fell in love with this rifle.