The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 5, 2013, 10:17 PM   #1
mellow_c

Save Colorado!

Please everyone... contact your senators in Colorado and tell them to vote no on more gun control!

These are some of the senators who's votes we need to defeat these new proposals

Senator Angela Giron -SD03- (303)866-4878

Senator Jeanne Nicholson -SD16- (303)866-4873

Senator Cheri Jahn -SD20- (303)866-4856

Senator Nancy Todd -SD28- (303)866-3342

Tell them:
•NO Magazine Bans
•NO ban on private firearms sales
•NO Gun Tax on gun purchases
•NO universal background checks/gun registration
•NO "Mental health" database to deny gun rights
•NO Backdoor "Assault Weapon" bans Please vote with Colorado gun owners, not anti-gun lobbyists from New York.

It is my understanding that the final voting will be on Friday. After that governer Hickenlooper is our last hope. If Colorado goes down like this, other states will be sure to follow.
Old March 6, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2
bazookajeff89

well since there are only two senators per state.....unless you mean your representatives in congress.
Old March 6, 2013, 10:39 AM   #3
zxcvbob

He's talking about the state legislature. They are trying to pass a bunch of gun bans; I think they already passed in the house and the senate is expected to rubber-stamp them. And the Gov Hickenlooper wishes they would hurry up so he can sign everything and turn Colorado into a Utopian paradise -- like northern Mexico.

Colorado has been overrun with ex-hippies moving in from California, and they are caucusing with the liberals from Boulder and the Democrat party bosses from Denver. They are trading in their guns (and yours) for dope. Denver doesn't care one way or the other about the dope, they just hate guns like most big cities do.

[Did I get that about right?]
Old March 6, 2013, 11:23 AM   #4
MLeake

bazookajeff89, apparently you haven't been following the saga of multiple gun bills clearing the Colorado House, then stalling out in several Colorado Senate committees.

Those bills passed the committees as of yesterday. They are now going before the Colorado Senate for a vote.

Under the pressure of the threatened MAGPUL move, Governor Hickenlooper has wavered a bit as to whether he will sign the bills, if they pass the Senate, but the best thing would be if Coloradans can get their Senators to kill the bills.
Old March 6, 2013, 11:45 AM   #5
2damnold4this

Good luck with your efforts, mellow c.
Old March 6, 2013, 11:52 AM   #6
wooly booger

I wish I could help out. In reading some of those bills, it is crazy the crud they have come up with.

The goofiest one is the background check bill....72 hours possession. If you loan a gun to someone or leave it in their possession for more than 72 hours you have to do a background check on them, then to get it back, they have to do a backgorund check on you.

This will technically turn husbands and wives into felons. If a guy goes out of town on biz for a week, technically he will have to turn possession over to wive and have checks performed by an FFL
Old March 6, 2013, 12:28 PM   #7
L_Killkenny

Now, next year, 5 years from now...... Colorado is lost just like Ill, NY and Cal.
Old March 6, 2013, 12:58 PM   #8
chiefr

What is happening in Colorado should concern everyone.
If you live in a state where all three branches of government have changed to 'Blue", anti Second Amendment legislation is inevitable.
Old March 6, 2013, 01:41 PM   #9
Ronbert

Colorado has a mechanism that many states don't.

We can modify the State Constitution by popular referendum.

That's how marijuana became legal here.

So one remedy to this situation is to petition an amendment to the State Constitution to make things to our liking.

It'll need to be well thought out and organized but it's a potentially productive way to channel the backlash.
Old March 7, 2013, 12:45 AM   #10
budoboy

I never really liked the public-petition-to-referendum-to-law process in Colorado until recently.
Old March 7, 2013, 02:27 AM   #11
mellow_c

Please everyone! If you live in Colorado... now is the time!!!! This is real... These laws are close to passing. The flood gates are opening and it's going to take everyone of us to hold the waters back. Do it for your kids!!!

Take a look at New York....... The children of New York gun owners will not be allowed to inherit much of their parents firearm collections. Instead those guns will be destroyed once the owners are deceased, effectively disarming the state in just one generation.

Colorado is working on doing the same thing with our magazines, banning anything that holds more than 15 rounds. Not to mention forcing you to pay for a background check, holding you (and manufactures) liable for crimes committed with a firearm registered to you, requiring background checks for any transfer of any firearm even between family members, permanently banning concealed carry on any college campus ....... the list goes on...

Please. I have not done as much as I should have to stand up against all this new legislation, but I have still sent 15 or 20 emails, and made about 10 phone calls. Do it now or kick yourself in the a$$ later!

And tell your FRIENDS!!!!

To the rest of you... Thanks for your support.

Last edited by mellow_c; March 7, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old March 8, 2013, 02:04 AM   #12
mellow_c

I was talking to one of my new found buddies, a very very good guy. He served with the marines and is 22 years old, I asked him about politics....

He said...

I don't care about politics.
Old March 8, 2013, 08:38 AM   #13
zxcvbob

Quote:
"I don't care about politics."
Tell him that politics cares about him.
Old March 8, 2013, 11:33 AM   #14
Geoff7

One down, six to go!

Colorado gun bills: Measure to ban concealed-carry guns on college campuses dies before vote
Old March 8, 2013, 03:19 PM   #15
doofus47

When the wave of legislation started, I told my hunting buddy to call the local rep and give him an earful.
Reply: "Doesn't matter, it's just the way the world is going"

Good thing he wasn't at concord bridge...