The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 1, 1999, 07:45 PM   #1
swehrman

I'm having a problem with saving my preferences. It used to work great before the year changed. I would come to the Firing Line and I could see all of the new posts and posts from 20 days back (I set this number using the preferences feature). I also told it to remember my username and password. If I close my browser and then restart it, all of the setting are gone. Now when I come to the Firing Line it acts like I've never been here before. I haven't changed my browsers settings at all. I have it set to accept all cookies. I'm also having the same problem on ar15.com's forums. They also use UBB. Is this a problem with UBB, or my browser (Netscape 4.08)?
Old January 2, 1999, 09:50 AM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

I've just been informed of a bug in the UBB Software and have emailed Zach the fix. It will be up today and I will post it in the announcements section.

Once fixed, if the board continues to act erratically, go into your Netscape folder and edit the file "cookies.txt". Remove all references to The Firing line. Then enter thru the main page at http://www.thefiringline.com . All messages will appear as unread. But, after that, the system will update properly for you.
Rich