The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 22, 2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Bird Dog

Burris Customer Service - Nice job Burris!

I own three Burris Fullfield scopes. While I own some other more expensive glass as well, two of these Fullfields (both 3x9x40s) have been the backbone of my medium hunting optics for several years now. I have had no complaints. They have always held zero and are very clear optics for the money. Earlier this year I noticed the oldest one had a small sparse ring of spots on the inside of the objective lens. You could not tell a difference at all looking through the scope, but it still bothered me a bit. The last thing I want is to find out my scope has a leak at dawn some crisp morning in the mountains, hills or plains. So I called Burris Customer Service in Greeley Colorado. I was not sure if I had sent the warranty card in on this one and I wasn't at all sure what they would say about an imperfection that was barely noticeable on a ten year old scope.

Well they didn't hesitate a bit. "Your scope has a lifetime warranty, send it to us and we will fix it or replace it." They didn't ask for serial number or any warranty info. I could have been the 4th owner for all Burris knew.

I shipped it off the Friday evening of Labor Day weekend. It was signed for the next Thursday (9/9/10). This last Monday (9/20) I decided to give them a call. I was told it usually takes 2-4 weeks, but the rep asked me if I would like an update. Of course I would. He looked it up and I was given this report:

"The scope has been cleansed of minor internal debris, re-centered, resealed, recoiled, and fog tested. The parallax has been removed and the scoped is now parallax free at 100 yards." I was told it should be in route. That was Monday, it arrived UPS today (Wed 9/22) flawless, free of charge and it looks brand new. It was packed in a new box and well protected for shipping. It is the same scope (as evidenced by the serial number). Two and a half weeks including Labor Day weekend and just before hunting season is pretty good turn around in my opinion.

Best of all (along with getting it fixed) is that the folks I talked to and that did the work are good American people in a great American place like Greeley CO. They were courteous, efficient, and did a good job. Of my three Burris scopes, (all Fullfields and not the more expensive models), this is the only one I have ever had issues with, and it was minor. And it was fixed! Nice job Burris. I will certainly look very hard at a Signature or Euro Diamond model for the next higher end scope I purchase.
Old September 22, 2010, 08:32 PM   #2

That is awesome as I am the proud owner of a Burris Signature Select 3x10-40mm that is mounted on my Remington 700 BDL 7mm Express.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.

Last edited by .284; September 22, 2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old September 29, 2010, 08:28 AM   #3
jhog1

Quote:
Best of all (along with getting it fixed) is that the folks I talked to and that did the work are good American people in a great American place like Greeley CO.
That maybe, but they are now owned by Beretta and the Fullfield scopes along with some others are made in the Phillipines I also have an older Fullfield Scope that has been great in my opinion