The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 29, 2007, 10:15 PM   #1
kjshank1

IMI 95gr JSP in .380 + W231

I noticed wideners has some 95gr JSP bullets made by IMI. I already have some W231 & various .380 brass. I want to load some of these just for a cheap plinking round. The problem i have is that i cant find any reloading data for IMI bullets. The data that came with my .380 dies says 3.2gr of w231 for a 95gr jacketed bullet. Thats about the closest i have come. I'm looking for any input or experience on this. I don't see why that data won't work, just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:06 PM   #2
amamnn

I don't find IMI loading any .380 ammo themselves. If the bullets in question are their frangibles, you might be better off looking at Berry or Rainier plated bullets for a cheap plinker. Looking through my manuals, I also find that 90 grains is pretty much the heaviest bullet in .380 for which there is a lot of load data.

Here is a good site for load data for W231

http://www.hodgdon.com/