The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 27, 2000, 10:21 PM   #1
DeBee

I am contemplating the purchase of a portable rifle rest like the Lohman Sight Vise (easily found) or the Stingless Rifle Rest (hard to find) or something similar.

Anyone ever hear of the Stingless Rifle Rest or where to get more information? Other recommendations?

Your opinions/experiences with these types of rests appreciated...
Old April 14, 2000, 01:48 AM   #2
Halfpint

Location: About to be gobbled up by "The People's Republic of Firestone"!
What ya going to be using it for? If all you are looking for is something that'll hold the rifle to do a bit of work on it the Lohman `Site Vise' will probably do fairly well. (There are two different sizes and unless you are working with a small bolt action .22 you probably won't be happy with the small one.)

If you are going to be doing something like shooting prairie dogs and the like you might consider looking at the Outers `Varmint Rest'. I've spent many a relaxing day out at the `dog towns' using one. And even when I am back home and doing a bit of `fun shooting' on my `range' with friends shooting a bit of `pool' it's been quite handy. (And, yep! My friends like using it too. Shooting `stripes and solids' at 200yds does call for both shooters to be using rests. {CHORTLE!})

------------------
Doleo ergo sum,
-HALFPINT-