The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 27, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1
ZentetsukenVII

Lefty 1911 IWB holster?

I don't know much about holsters but I im getting tired of carrying my gun at home just tucked in my pants. I own a OWB holster for OC but it's a blackhawk serpa and it won't work for CCW.

I carry a ruger 1911 and I am a lefty in need of an IWB holster. I want something low profile. Preferably leather. I don't like the ones with the huge leather pad on them, they are comfortable but I want something I can just take off and set on the night stand. My price range is around 40$. Anyone know of anything that will work for me?
Old October 27, 2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Roughedge

I'm right handed but I got a left handed IWB hoster and wear it in SOB and it works for me. If you like the idea you could get a right handed and it could be a SOB for a lefty.
Old October 27, 2013, 04:49 PM   #3
ZentetsukenVII

I personally don't like the backhanded draw form small of back with a righty holster. I actually tried it a bit and I'd be too worried about getting my finger in the trigger guard.
Old October 28, 2013, 06:56 PM   #4
burrhead

Summer Special or one of the good quality copies. I carry my Colt Government in EL Paso Saddlery's version and like it very much.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-226-21-summer-cruiser.aspx

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.
Old October 29, 2013, 01:59 AM   #5
JimmyR

Personally, I like the leather/kydex hybrid IWB holsters. To me, they come off easily enough, and can be set on the nighstand, but that's just me.

For what you are asking, (all leather holster under $40), I might suggest looking on eBay. There are actually a lot of options (120+ with a simple search), and quite a few in your price range.
Old October 30, 2013, 03:28 PM   #6
ZentetsukenVII

Yeah i'm aware of the various options on Ebay. I was just wondering if there are any brands that you guys would recommend.

Thanks for the replies!
Old November 1, 2013, 07:49 AM   #7
Jimro

Tagua, it's ambi.

Jimro