The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old April 7, 2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Tatsumi67

FS200 quirks, owners chime in

I got some trigger time with the FS2000 recently, and a few things surfaced that made me go "What? Why did they do that?" Can an owner please address them?

1.The rubber gromit inside the magazine well, whats the point? to waterproof it? Would'nt the catch be enough to hold it?

2. The magazine relase, a bit akward, I can imagine it becomes normal with practice but "press in, rock out" was very strange for me.

3. The trigger system. It was a very wonky trigger pull, but I hear thats normal with bullpup designs. Does anyone make trigger group packages?

4. Why is the takedown catch the one shiney chrome thing on it, and why is it so big? seems like a risk. Has it ever accidently opened up on someone?

Other than that it was a very fun shoot My Trigger Time
Currently schemeing on an AR-15 build.
Old April 7, 2009, 01:30 PM   #2
kestak

Greetings,

1 - It is to keep the inside of the gun clean of "dirt". You can remove it, it will make magazine insertion/removal easier.

2 - Yes, that magazine removal button "sucks". Moreover, there is no spring helping the magazine poping out likean AR.

3 - Yes, it is normal and no, you are suck with it. I went to a gunsmith, friend of mine. He is a magician with guns. He personally knows Mr. Glock and other industry well known people. He look at it and told me he is going to the FN plant in SC the same month and he will ask them if something can be done. He came back and said noting can be done with that "plastic" trigger.

4 - After quite a few rounds, it never openned on me.

Thank you
Old April 7, 2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Paochow

Quote:
4. Why is the takedown catch the one shiney chrome thing on it, and why is it so big? seems like a risk. Has it ever accidently opened up on someone?
I haven't had a problem with it opening accidentally, but I have opened it up with the bolt cocked back. A quick catch prevented my barrel from flying to the floor.
Old April 7, 2009, 10:41 PM   #4
Tatsumi67

Thanks!
Currently schemeing on an AR-15 build.