The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 18, 2008, 03:29 PM   #1
aggiepetro07

***WildBills Concealment Holsters***

I know this has been discussed before, because I just recieved the link, but...

I want all my friends, family, and fellow sportsmen to avoid the trouble I have had with this company.

Here is the correspondence from start to finish:

3/17/08
Guys,

Placed an order for your SummerHeat IWB holster on Friday Mar 14th, didn't get a confirm email or anything. Wanted to make sure it went through.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------
4/7/08
To whom it may concern:

I am not one to complain easily, but the service I have received from your company is absolute crap. I don't think I have ever witnessed such horrible customer service in all my life. Here's the story:

I have been shopping around for a IWB holster for approximately 3 months, trying to find one that offered what I wanted without a custom shop wait time. I found your website and a holster I liked. However, there were also two other companies that had holsters that caught my eye, albeit at a higher price and a lead time of approximately 6 weeks. I had spoken to those companies and had received word that they would push my order to 3 weeks since I was receiving my CHL and needed a holster for my 1911. I decided on you for the sole reason that your holster, according to your website, would ship within a few days.

"Listed below is the product that we now have IN STOCK. A holster from this list will generally ship within several days, but give us a week to ten days just in case we do have a temporary shortage. You should also be aware that we only ship once per week, this can also affect your turn around time." WildBillsConcealment.com/00specials.html

I placed my order on the 14th of March, a Friday. I emailed you on the 17th of March, a Monday, asking for confirmation of my order. NOTHING. I saw the charge come out of my account on the 19th of March, a Wednesday. STILL NO CORRESPONDENCE. I called you around the 22nd of March to ask when and if you were going to ship my purchase. NO RESPONSE TO MY PHONE CALL. After checking for UPS everyday for a week or so, we called on the 28th wondering why I still hadn't received your product or any confirmation regarding our purchase, we left a message.

You then called me on the 31st, which I had hoped was an apology or at the very least a confirmation of my purchase, after all it had been 2+ weeks since I made the order and the first try at correspondence. Our dialogue went something like this, "Mr. Larkin, what color do you want?" "What do you mean?" "Well, it comes in rich mahogany or black?" "Um, didn't realize that a color choice was available, so...black?" Your response was, "If it doesn't ship this week it should ship next week." "Seriously?" End of conversation.

The worst part about this is that your website says nothing about a color in the specific model I ordered OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE SPECIFIED. Every other product has a color choice except the one I wanted. Most people would have confirmed the specifics when they charged me, which is also when most people ship. You however, charged me, waited 12 days, and then called me to find out what color I wanted, and then told me I would have to wait for my order to ship another week.

I have not even received the holster yet but I am ready to send it back. Your complete lack of correspondence and total disregard for customer service has convinced me that no amount of workmanship, quality, or serviceability is worth the treatment received when ordering from you. I have not yet decided on what I am going to do with the holster, should I ever get it. Part of me is so frustrated with wasting a month, that I am thinking about keeping it. The other, larger part of me is contemplating sending it back for full refund + shipping and handling charges. I see that there is a 10% restocking fee, but considering the lack of correspondence and the horrific customer service, that should be waived. If it is not, this letter will be sent to Guns & Ammo Handguns and Combat Handguns magazine, both are widely circulated magazines that I subscribe to.

There is no question, however about where this letter is going. I am sending it to everyone I had told about your company. After completing my CHL I convinced no less than 5 people to get there CHL and told them about your company, those who had their CHL were also told. They will be included in this email. I do not want my name soiled along with yours.

Please let me know your desired course of action in this matter. I am a very loyal person and hate negative action in these types of situations. However, having owned my own business and currently working as a consultant, I am very service oriented and believe that customer service is a key component to any successful enterprise.

I would rather take the time to send 100 positive emails than one negative, especially relating to business dealings. When this is resolved I will pass along the results to those who are included on this email.

Thank you,

----------------------------------------
First Reply 4/8/08:
James,

If you don't like the holster when you receive it, send it back and we will give you a full refund, no restock fee.

Not trying to excuse poor service, however, please understand that the majority of my time since October of last year has been dedicated to fighting a cancer I was diagnosed with. I am still in recovery from chemo and two surgeries (one major). While the guys and gal in the shop have stepped up to the plate, things are moving much more slowly than would normally be the case. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks,
Bill
-----------------------------------------------------

My Reply 04/08/08:

Bill,
Thanks for the email. I will try out the holster and be completely objective. I bought it because I thought I would like it, and I don't think that will change. I hope that your chemo treatment is successful! I have been through that with my mother and I have seen first hand how bad that can be.
My only real issue was the lack of communication. I honestly felt like I just gave money to someone I didn't know and had no way of getting a hold of. The wait wouldn't have been that bad if I had of known the circumstances, I just felt like I was getting cheated. I would impress upon your employees to take a few minutes each day and answer emails or phone calls. Keep the customer base happy.
I will keep everyone updated and tell them of the results of our conversation.
Keep me updated on the cancer. Hope all ends well.

---------------------------------------------------------------
4/18/08
Bill:

We have talked previously via email.

I left a voice message with your shop today at approximately 12:30 p.m.

I haven't received my holster and its been 35 days since I put in the order, 32 days since I made the first attempt to contact you, 30 days since I was charged, 18 days since the first correspondence asking me what color I wanted (even though I had been charged 2 weeks before) and telling me the ship date was either that week or the beginning of the week after, and 10 days since we talked via email. YOUR WEBSITE SAYS A WEEK TO TEN DAYS.

I understand you are sick, and I am terribly sorry. However, your company has found the time to charge me, and hasn't shipped my product yet. I have made repeated attempts at calling, and the only reply I have received was due to a negative email.

I never even received a confirmation email saying that I was charged or giving me the tracking number. I feel like I am being stolen from, especially since our previous conversation didn't result in action.

If you have not shipped my order yet, please don't, just refund my charge of $66.45. If you have shipped the package, I would like a total refund for my purchase of $66.45 + the cost of return shipping, which according to your website is $6.50. I will have the package shipped back to you as soon as I receive it.

I am terribly sorry of the events that have taken place. I am a very loyal customer, but loyalty is earned.

If this has not been resolved by Tuesday, April, 22, 2008. I will take further action.

Thank you,

In his defense he hasn't had much time to reply, but I will keep you updated.

Do not purchase from this company. I am extremely sympathetic to sick people, we have breast cancer in our family and my mother and uncle have MS, along with 3 uncles who have died of ALS, but there is a limit to my patience.
Old April 18, 2008, 03:41 PM   #2
aggiepetro07

***WildBills Concealment Holsters***

I know this has been discussed before, because I just recieved the link, but...

I want all my friends, family, and fellow sportsmen to avoid the trouble I have had with this company.

Here is the correspondence from start to finish:

3/17/08
Guys,

Placed an order for your SummerHeat IWB holster on Friday Mar 14th, didn't get a confirm email or anything. Wanted to make sure it went through.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------
4/7/08
To whom it may concern:

I am not one to complain easily, but the service I have received from your company is absolute crap. I don't think I have ever witnessed such horrible customer service in all my life. Here's the story:

I have been shopping around for a IWB holster for approximately 3 months, trying to find one that offered what I wanted without a custom shop wait time. I found your website and a holster I liked. However, there were also two other companies that had holsters that caught my eye, albeit at a higher price and a lead time of approximately 6 weeks. I had spoken to those companies and had received word that they would push my order to 3 weeks since I was receiving my CHL and needed a holster for my 1911. I decided on you for the sole reason that your holster, according to your website, would ship within a few days.

"Listed below is the product that we now have IN STOCK. A holster from this list will generally ship within several days, but give us a week to ten days just in case we do have a temporary shortage. You should also be aware that we only ship once per week, this can also affect your turn around time." WildBillsConcealment.com/00specials.html

I placed my order on the 14th of March, a Friday. I emailed you on the 17th of March, a Monday, asking for confirmation of my order. NOTHING. I saw the charge come out of my account on the 19th of March, a Wednesday. STILL NO CORRESPONDENCE. I called you around the 22nd of March to ask when and if you were going to ship my purchase. NO RESPONSE TO MY PHONE CALL. After checking for UPS everyday for a week or so, we called on the 28th wondering why I still hadn't received your product or any confirmation regarding our purchase, we left a message.

You then called me on the 31st, which I had hoped was an apology or at the very least a confirmation of my purchase, after all it had been 2+ weeks since I made the order and the first try at correspondence. Our dialogue went something like this, "Mr. Larkin, what color do you want?" "What do you mean?" "Well, it comes in rich mahogany or black?" "Um, didn't realize that a color choice was available, so...black?" Your response was, "If it doesn't ship this week it should ship next week." "Seriously?" End of conversation.

The worst part about this is that your website says nothing about a color in the specific model I ordered OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE SPECIFIED. Every other product has a color choice except the one I wanted. Most people would have confirmed the specifics when they charged me, which is also when most people ship. You however, charged me, waited 12 days, and then called me to find out what color I wanted, and then told me I would have to wait for my order to ship another week.

I have not even received the holster yet but I am ready to send it back. Your complete lack of correspondence and total disregard for customer service has convinced me that no amount of workmanship, quality, or serviceability is worth the treatment received when ordering from you. I have not yet decided on what I am going to do with the holster, should I ever get it. Part of me is so frustrated with wasting a month, that I am thinking about keeping it. The other, larger part of me is contemplating sending it back for full refund + shipping and handling charges. I see that there is a 10% restocking fee, but considering the lack of correspondence and the horrific customer service, that should be waived. If it is not, this letter will be sent to Guns & Ammo Handguns and Combat Handguns magazine, both are widely circulated magazines that I subscribe to.

There is no question, however about where this letter is going. I am sending it to everyone I had told about your company. After completing my CHL I convinced no less than 5 people to get there CHL and told them about your company, those who had their CHL were also told. They will be included in this email. I do not want my name soiled along with yours.

Please let me know your desired course of action in this matter. I am a very loyal person and hate negative action in these types of situations. However, having owned my own business and currently working as a consultant, I am very service oriented and believe that customer service is a key component to any successful enterprise.

I would rather take the time to send 100 positive emails than one negative, especially relating to business dealings. When this is resolved I will pass along the results to those who are included on this email.

Thank you,

----------------------------------------
First Reply 4/8/08:
James,

If you don't like the holster when you receive it, send it back and we will give you a full refund, no restock fee.

Not trying to excuse poor service, however, please understand that the majority of my time since October of last year has been dedicated to fighting a cancer I was diagnosed with. I am still in recovery from chemo and two surgeries (one major). While the guys and gal in the shop have stepped up to the plate, things are moving much more slowly than would normally be the case. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks,
Bill
-----------------------------------------------------

My Reply 04/08/08:

Bill,
Thanks for the email. I will try out the holster and be completely objective. I bought it because I thought I would like it, and I don't think that will change. I hope that your chemo treatment is successful! I have been through that with my mother and I have seen first hand how bad that can be.
My only real issue was the lack of communication. I honestly felt like I just gave money to someone I didn't know and had no way of getting a hold of. The wait wouldn't have been that bad if I had of known the circumstances, I just felt like I was getting cheated. I would impress upon your employees to take a few minutes each day and answer emails or phone calls. Keep the customer base happy.
I will keep everyone updated and tell them of the results of our conversation.
Keep me updated on the cancer. Hope all ends well.

---------------------------------------------------------------
4/18/08
Bill:

We have talked previously via email.

I left a voice message with your shop today at approximately 12:30 p.m.

I haven't received my holster and its been 35 days since I put in the order, 32 days since I made the first attempt to contact you, 30 days since I was charged, 18 days since the first correspondence asking me what color I wanted (even though I had been charged 2 weeks before) and telling me the ship date was either that week or the beginning of the week after, and 10 days since we talked via email. YOUR WEBSITE SAYS A WEEK TO TEN DAYS.

I understand you are sick, and I am terribly sorry. However, your company has found the time to charge me, and hasn't shipped my product yet. I have made repeated attempts at calling, and the only reply I have received was due to a negative email.

I never even received a confirmation email saying that I was charged or giving me the tracking number. I feel like I am being stolen from, especially since our previous conversation didn't result in action.

If you have not shipped my order yet, please don't, just refund my charge of $66.45. If you have shipped the package, I would like a total refund for my purchase of $66.45 + the cost of return shipping, which according to your website is $6.50. I will have the package shipped back to you as soon as I receive it.

I am terribly sorry of the events that have taken place. I am a very loyal customer, but loyalty is earned.

If this has not been resolved by Tuesday, April, 22, 2008. I will take further action.

Thank you,

In his defense he hasn't had much time to reply, but I will keep you updated.

Do not purchase from this company. I am extremely sympathetic to sick people, we have breast cancer in our family and my mother and uncle have MS, along with 3 uncles who have died of ALS, but there is a limit to my patience.
Old April 18, 2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Recon7

did you really need to slam this guy on general discussion and gear and accessories.
hmm.... first two posts too... I smell a troll
Old April 18, 2008, 04:03 PM   #4
aggiepetro07

No troll,

I joined partially to let everyone know, partially to get involved in the AR discussions.
Old April 18, 2008, 05:14 PM   #5
Recon7

Than I apologize, we get a lot trolls here. Posting the same thing in multiple places like that is generally frowned upon. You just really seemed to have an ax to grind.
Old April 18, 2008, 06:55 PM   #6
hoser

Return charge!

If you used credit card, just return charge. I don't think they can legally charge your card until they ship merchandise anyway. Just call Visa or MC and refute charges and cancel order.
Old April 18, 2008, 07:17 PM   #7
cschwanz

Man, that sucks. Call your CC company and tell them what went down and refuse to pay it. then if they ship it to you after you stop the payment, don't open it, just arrange for a return. after the hassle they put you through, i wouldn't wear/endorse their product
Ignorance can be fixed....its called education. Stupid will get you killed!
Old April 21, 2008, 07:53 AM   #8
aggiepetro07

I have disputed the charges and left him a polite but very firm email requesting a conversation.

Its in his court.
Old April 21, 2008, 07:56 AM   #9
aggiepetro07

Sorry, I understand that.

Will not happen again.

Yeah, I'm not stopping until he gets me my money back.

If I had of recieved an email like that, I would have overnighted the product and a little something extra to insure repeat business. Instead nothing has been sent in 2 weeks.

I'm a little perturbed by now.
Old April 24, 2008, 09:18 PM   #10
LawDog
Staff Emeritus

Multiple threads merged, and redirected to the proper forum.

LawDog

Bona na Croin

The LawDog Files