The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 3, 2001, 05:44 PM   #1
shawn

Super X2 - Info? Quality? Price?

I am interested in purchasing a shotgun. The Winchester Super X2 Practical had a very positive review in this month's Front Sight. Other than that article, I have found nothing on the X2 Practical.

I am looking for the shotgun for the following:
IPSC Competitions
Clays
Turkey
Possible Home Defense

Can one shotgun be good at all these things? The best price I have found is $789 which is twice a Remington at Wal-Mart.

The only thing I know is that I want an auto that can accept a tube extension.
"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms;…" Samuel Adams, Debates & Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (February 6, 1788).
Old December 3, 2001, 06:16 PM   #2
Will Beararms

Shawn I live in a SW Metro area but I duck hunt in SE AR amongst die hard hunters. The SuperX is holding up well in the Duck Blinds and flooded timber. You are basically looking at the same thing as a Browning Gold as both Browning and Winchester are owned by the same holding company.