The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 10, 2001, 12:31 PM   #1
Steve in PA

T&T Star Bullets

Anyone ever try these bullets??? Good, bad, indifferent??? Looking to buy them for my .45, 9mm and .380. Don't like shooting lead, but I think these are copper plated. Any info??
Old July 10, 2001, 01:10 PM   #2
Steve in PA

Never mind...tried sending them some e-mail questions and it got kicked back.......probably not even in business anymore. Think Midway has something on sale...guess I'll look at them. Yea, I know about the new shipping $$$$.
Old July 10, 2001, 09:25 PM   #3
jim-alex

Steve in PA:

T&T Star bullets are just bullets made by Star and sold by them.
I use Star for all my match .38 wc. For .45, T&T has their own brand of LSWC that are much cleaner than Star .45 LSWC (Star uses a pretty heavy dose of moly). Their prices are good and since they are in Easton PA, you should not get nailed badly on UPS charges. I just received an order from them a week ago so I think they are alive and well. You can order online from their site.

Best Regards,
Jim
Old July 10, 2001, 10:04 PM   #4
Recon

Steve,
They are still in business the website is TNTRELOADING.com I picked up 5000 for a friend and he loves them.
Old July 10, 2001, 10:07 PM   #5
VAdoublegunner

TnT was at the show in Richmond this past weekend...alive and good deals to be had. I've used their Star .40 165 gr with WSF pushing them and have been very pleased with accuracy and quality. Just bought another 2k from them. BTW, these are jacketed, not plated. Try www.tntreloading.com
Old July 11, 2001, 09:11 PM   #6
Steve in PA

Well, just placed my order for 1,000 .45 230g RN and 500 .380 95g RN.......plus some MTM ammo boxes (prices looked too good to pass on), so I'll see how they shoot. The shipping charges are only around $10.00.......if I was headed that way I'd pick them up, but since I'm not going that way in the next few days I'd probably spend that on gas money anyway. See ya on the gun range
Old July 13, 2001, 08:03 PM   #7
Waitone

I'm working my way through my first thousand of LRN. Absolutely no problems. Even with $12 shipping they are a sight better than purchasing from a store front. I'm sold on 'em.
Old July 13, 2001, 08:07 PM   #8
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

I still have about 1000 of the Star 185 grain SW left. They're outstanding for bullseye loads.
Old July 13, 2001, 08:25 PM   #9
Steve in PA

Got my order today right before the wife and I went shooting, luckily she was still putting on her makeup (why women do that before we go to the range is beyond me...bu thats another story), anyway gave me a chance to load up 25 rounds with their .45 230g FMJ bullet. They do look like excellent bullets well worth the money (cheaper than "name brand" bullets) and shot just as well. Looks like I found a new supplier
Old July 13, 2001, 09:12 PM   #10
jaysouth

TNT star bullets

My favorite .45 lead load is the 185 gr. star swc hp. I think this is a swaged bullet rather than cast and it does not appear to have any lube in the lube groove. However the bullet has the same profile, lenght, etc as the 200 gr. lead swc made by TNT and reloads without adjusting the seating die set for the 200 gr. swc.

Ahead of 4.5 grs of WST, it functions every .45 that I own, shoots better than I can hold it and has lower recoil that the 200 gr. I buy these from TNT at the Richmond Showplace gunshow and am very pleased with them.

The guys at TNT are great and have the best prices at the area shows.