The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 29, 2020, 06:07 PM   #1
Spats McGee
Staff

Truglo Tritium Pro Night Sights

I decided to go back to carrying a .45, so I bought a Smith and Wesson 4" Shield 45. And I've already decided that it's going to need new sights. My 1911 has some Trijicons that I've honestly never loved. My G19 has factory night sights that I find acceptable. My Shield 9 does not have night sights.

I know I'm going to replace the sights on my Shield 45. I suspect that I'll replace them on my Shield 9 if I like the ones on my Shield 45. If I really, truly love them, I may go ahead and swap out my G19 and 1911 sights.

Here are the sights I'm considering: https://www.truglo.com/firearms-hand...30C1841BDD3D5E

Anybody already got 'em? Pros and cons?
Old February 29, 2020, 09:30 PM   #2
jwamplerusa

I have them on a G17 and an M&P 2.0 4" 9MM. They work well for me, and in a low light shoot were adequate to the task. In fact they were bright enough, and there was enough residual light, that I ended up dumping my flashlight and just shot the stage with the tritium irons.
Old March 1, 2020, 05:47 AM   #3
Brit

Sent in two slides, to TruGlo, they put the replacement centres in, forgot what I paid, but were reasonable. How anyone can run those terrible Glock plastic monstrosity plastic factory sights I do not know. Factory-installed Ameriglow night sights on my Glock 43X on this pistol were dead centre of the slide, bright red circle on the front sight, and shot very accurately, point of aim, point of impact. These sights were made for Glock, but not by Glock.