The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 20, 2019, 08:26 PM   #1
watchamacallit

A run-in with Galco Gunleather

I've had a Galco Classic Lite shoulder holster for years and recently bought another for a different gun. There are four adjustment straps on the old holster fastened with Chicago Screws that are sturdy, easy to use and to move between adjustment notches. Their product video shows Chicago Screws, and their written description mentions "system screws." But the new holster came with crummy little plastic tabs that must be forced through the adjustment holes. I'm pretty fit but I found great difficulty in doing it, and certainly someone with arthritic hands, or less strength and dexterity, or a woman with fingernails, would absolutely not be able to do it alone.

I contacted Galco to tell them about the inaccurate product description and to ask for a set of Chicago Screws, and they blandly told me had I had no real beef because their terms of service state that they can change the product at any time without notice. Furthermore, Chicago Screws will not fit the new product. They were not concerned in the slightest about the product misrepresentation. The only remedy they offered was to return for a refund. And by the way, they were pretty snotty about the whole thing. So the lesson seems to be that if you order from Galco you have no idea if you're going to get something identical to what you ordered and they are unconcerned about the accuracy of their product descriptions.
Old November 20, 2019, 09:16 PM   #2
hub1home

Send it back.

Tags
classic lite , galco