The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old July 26, 2018, 05:03 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Kim Rhode wins again (yawn)

People must be ready to pack up and leave if she even shows up.

Quote:
Legendary Shooting Sports Champion Kim Rhode Wins 21st ISSF World Cup Gold

EAST ALTON, Ill. (July 26, 2018) – Kim Rhode wins gold … her 21st in fact, as she once again outperformed the world’s best skeet shooters at the 2018 International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup in Tucson (Arizona). More than 200 shotgun athletes took part in the last of four shotgun world cups of the season and one of the final competitions ahead of the world championships, which begins August 31, 2018, in Changwon, South Korea.

The gold medal was Rhode’s third ISSF World Cup Gold medal of the 2018 season; she also won gold at ISSF competitions held in Mexico and South Korea earlier this year.
Rhode won her second consecutive, and third overall, International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Final in women’s skeet this past October in New Delhi, India.

Kim Rhode and Winchester Ammunition have an amazing history spanning nearly three decades together and an incredible number of podium placements as far back as her first World Championship at the age of 13. Kim Rhode will continue to shoot Winchester AAs as she prepares to compete for an unprecedented seventh consecutive Olympic medal at the 2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo.

For more information contact [email protected]

About Winchester Ammunition

A world leader in delivering innovative products, Winchester is The American Legend, a brand built on integrity, hard work and a deep focus on its loyal customers. Learn more about the history of Winchester by visiting Winchester.com or connect with us on Facebook at Facebook.com/WinchesterOfficial.

Winchester Ammunition is a proud supporter of the NSSF’s Project ChildSafe. For more information on the Own It? Respect It. Secure It.SM Initiative, please log on to: www.NSSF.org
Old July 26, 2018, 11:48 PM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

I met her at the NRA convention this year in Dallas. She was very nice to all the people in line who wanted free autographs. She talked with each person, and even let the kids get pictures while they were wearing her Olympic medals.

That doesn't make her a better athlete, but I always like it when a person who has worked to get to the top of their field is still down-to-earth enough to take the time to be nice to people.
Old July 28, 2018, 09:33 AM   #3
Ricklin

Agree 100% John, down to earth is well put.

Never met the lady, but would like to. Actions speak louder than words.
Old July 28, 2018, 09:40 AM   #4
FITASC

Her practice regimen would most folks to shame (and worn out).
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 28, 2018, 05:12 PM   #5
4EVERM-14

She is a remarkable athlete and a great American.
Her shooting abilities are legendary in spite of the fact that the State of
California's ammo laws are stone walling her training schedule.
Distinguished Rifleman #731
Presidents 100
Old July 28, 2018, 07:28 PM   #6
JohnKSa
Staff

I do remember her mentioning that, due to some of the new CA laws, she was having trouble maintaining an ammo supply sufficient for her normal training schedule. I suggested she move to TX and she replied that I was not the first to have extended the invitation.
Old July 28, 2018, 08:22 PM   #7
FITASC

She practices where she does because of the difficult background and terrain which she has stated helps her prepare for events anywhere in the world.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa