The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 23, 2017, 02:21 PM   #1
TrueBlue711

The Youtube gun channel...cat fight

For those who watch a lot of the gun channels on youtube, you may have seen the fight that's going on between a few of them...and it's starting to ripple across other youtube channels. Instead of explaining all the details, I'll just post the two videos that set it all in motion (first one is long...). Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed. It's literally like watching a football game, pro-2A gun channels on one side and anti-gun on the opposing team. Then one of the guards just stands up and kicks his own tight end in the crotch and an internal brawl starts. All the while, the opposing team is laughing their butts off and are just walking the football (i.e. the bill) to the in-zone. I'm just sitting in the audience putting my face in my hand in disappointment.
I get why some people are mad and of course there will be disagreements within the 2A community. But when a big bill like this one is creeping along, I don't want to see public mud slinging like this from our own team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mMlVqvI_8&t=2755s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLkokMyC2DU&t=6s
Old October 23, 2017, 05:50 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

So you are just driving by and posting that there is some argument going on in another format without explaining it?
Old October 23, 2017, 06:15 PM   #3
Targa

I tried to watch the first video and it was migraine inducing.....couldn't watch it.
The second video, well, on YouTube there are a number of YouTube stars with class..Hickock, 22Plinkster, Mrgunsngear and a number of others.....one of many not in the class act group would be the YankeeMarshall, he is simply an obnoxious, vulgar, loud mouth. He is of the ilk that help give us, as gun owners a bad name. I couldn't care less about his thoughts or views on anything.
Old October 23, 2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Evan Thomas

Nothing good will come of this, and when you get right down to it, "cat fights" on YouTube are only peripherally gun-related -- if that. So... closed.