The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 7, 2017, 07:41 PM   #1
roarshock

AMMO Marketplace

Amateurs or charlatans? You decide! Ordered 1000 rds bulk copper plated round nose. Nice picture, clear description, good price. Ok. But they send brass jacketed instead. Brass-copper-carborundum; what's the difference, right? Long as they look like bullets more or less, which they do. I can be very nice, so I contacted them and the run around began. Oh boy...Became apparent that it was an intentional switch. Not bait and switch, mind you. Fraud. Put my foot down, demanded a pick up. They sent a label, but I had to tote the heavy box into Fed Ex. Never received a refund on Visa either. Then I get an email the other day saying my order had been shipped: 1000 rounds @ $19.99. Really? What order? I sent you naughty thieves packing already. LOL! Looks like I get to call Sugar Lips again for some sweet explanation. Or maybe I get Matt, the soft soaper on the line. He's really slick. Call him Lube Job. If they go ahead and run my credit on the previous swindle, I just might keep these whatever they are 2 cent a shot. Some curious customer service policy they got over there, huh? I know I came across grumpy for sure when the moral outrage became apparent. The 10 Commandments out of print or something? Sheesh! I know I'm gettin' old and what not. Visa is gonna get a call for sure. Maybe the Postmaster General as well. Here's the axe. You decide.
Old March 7, 2017, 09:41 PM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
I get an email the other day saying my order had been shipped: 1000 rounds @ $19.99.... I just might keep these whatever they are 2 cent a shot.
Are you sure it said 1000 rds for $19.99? I looked at their website and they charge $19.99 for shipping on 1000 rds . . .

Quote:
. . . . Ordered 1000 rds bulk copper plated round nose. Nice picture, clear description, good price. Ok. But they send brass jacketed instead....Put my foot down, demanded a pick up. They sent a label, but I had to tote the heavy box into Fed Ex. Never received a refund on Visa either. Then I get an email the other day saying my order had been shipped: 1000 rounds @ $19.99....
And if they're shipping you new ammo (presumably the ammo you ordered originally), why would they refund your money & ship you more ammo?
Old March 7, 2017, 10:02 PM   #3
Cheapshooter

Looking at their website it appears all the sell is "remanufactured" ammo.
No thanks. If I want reloads it will be my own, loaded to what I feel is safe pressure, and with my own personal quality control.
Certainly not something being loaded by who know who, being paid who knows what, and with whatever experiance.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old March 8, 2017, 07:30 AM   #4
roarshock

They sent the wrong thing - intentionally. 1)
They tried to convince me it was "all the same."2)
Told them to take it back and forget any replacement. 3)
Perfectly clear.4)
My fault for studiously reading their text and ordering exactly what was shown? 5,6,7

I agree. Reman isn't much of a bargain. Freedom gooses you on shipping that takes forever. Most shoot fine but a few are a little squished and must be tossed - if you see them in time.

Last edited by roarshock; March 8, 2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old March 8, 2017, 07:45 AM   #5
roarshock

Fair and Balanced Section:
Blazer Brass 115 - usually OK some came spotted with corrosion, won't feed properly. Some weakish, similar problems.
Blazer Brass 124 current- works pretty darn good
PPU- Ok. dirty. Hard primers
White Box Wally 115- Beautiful, shiny. Hot and snappy.
Silver Bear 147- What was I thinking? Total jam in SDVE
S&B- Brass jacket. No thanks.
Gold Dot 124 +P. Never had a problem out of 24 rounds. $$
S&G Ammo- Thumbs up. Will pop in a few odd boxes at no additional shipping. Straight up, organized company

Target Sports- Good bulk prices but will stick you on shipping the odd 50 you might want to try at the same time. Dumb.
Old March 27, 2017, 11:06 AM   #6
AmmoChick

Ammo Marketplace

Hi, roarshock. I work at Ammo Marketplace and was your primary point of contact during this situation. We did not intentionally send you the wrong order. You were not charged for the replacement shipment. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you and certainly do understand your frustration. We’ve added additional controls to our shipping department to make sure this situation does not happen again.

Cheapshooter, I understand the desire to reload yourself. Having full control over the process can guarantee a confidence not otherwise had. In case anyone is interested to know, the 9mm ammo we sell is loaded on a Camdex and ran buy a mechanical engineer- and his pay reflects it. The owner of Northern Hills Precision Ammunition, who oversees all production on a daily basis, has over 10 years’ experience. In fact, most of the crew over at Northern Hills Precision Ammunition is comprised of engineers, retired police officers, and veterans.

P.S. We also offer a small selection of Factory New ammunition.