The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 5, 2019, 03:41 PM   #1
OrobsnawS

Italian police Beretta 92S parts availability.

Can anyone direct me to a source for Beretta 92S magazine release parts and a schematic for the older model 92. The schematics that are provided by parts dealers only display the M4 or newer model 92 where the magazine release is near the trigger guard. I specifically need a magazine release spring and a magazine pin. Are newer replacements similar or older ones available? Thanks
Old July 5, 2019, 04:25 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Try

Beretta USA
Gun Parts Inc
Jack First
Old July 5, 2019, 04:45 PM   #3
FrankenMauser

4V50Gary's suggestions are good. And don't be intimidated by Beretta. They've been easy to work with and obtain parts from, for me.

But...

The spring and pin are likely something that can be made from scratch, or obtained by cutting down standard stock.

I took a quick look at my 92S to verify, but didn't take it apart. I would assume it's a coil spring (possibly a flat spring, but probably not a bent wire spring).
The roll pin can probably be obtained from a local hardware store and cut to length. I didn't measure it, but it looks like a standard diameter. (I'm out of town, and don't have the proper tools with me ... but do happen to have the 92S here.)

Most of the actual repair parts for these guns will be in Europe.