The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 16, 2002, 11:00 AM   #1
FlintLock

Opinions wanted on Pedersoli Cartridge rifles

Just curious about these guns, especially the Sharps type rifles. Any experiences? How do they compare to the American made Sharps type rifles?
Old October 16, 2002, 12:13 PM   #2
Jim Watson

Not exactly my field, but I know of several folks shooting Pedersolis while waiting four years for their Shilohs to come in. Abotu 1/3 the price, 3/4 the gun, or thereabouts.
Old October 16, 2002, 10:33 PM   #3
Nodakmarine

A while back I traded an EMF Pedretti Hartford sharps (what a pice of JUNK!!!) for my current Cabela's Pedersoli Sharps and it's a world of difference! The EMF rifle was roughly finished, a VERY heavy hammer pull and the crown of the muzzle was off center. Never shot very well so I was happy when I traded it off. So far my Pedersoli 1874 Sharps has had no functional problems, has been quite accurate and the fit and finish was far better than the Pedretti rifle. No, it's no Shiloh or C.Sharps rifle but I didn't have to pay 2-3 times as much for it and I didn't have to wait a year or more to get it. I'm not saying that the higher priced guns aren't bad guns but their priced higher than I am willing to pay. I think that the Pedersoli rifles are a good bridge between the lower priced and lower quality Pedretti and IAB Sharps rifles and the higher priced Shiloh and C.Sharps rifles.