The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 14, 2019, 02:50 PM   #76
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
Third, understanding that there will be consequences for using a gun regardless of the outcome.
when faced with a criminal attack those consequences are of no consequence to the victim.
Old October 14, 2019, 06:34 PM   #77
jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS. View Post
when faced with a criminal attack those consequences are of no consequence to the victim.
LOL
Old October 15, 2019, 06:54 PM   #78
corneileous

Does a Springfield XDE 45 count as a mouse gun? I had a Ruger LC9S as my carry pistol but since I’ve become so accustomed to hammer-fired pistols, the little Ruger wasn’t gonna do it for me anymore so out with the old, and in with the new...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old October 15, 2019, 07:36 PM   #79
Cheapshooter

Quote:
Does a Springfield XDE 45 count as a mouse gun?
Don't think even close. "Mouse gun" is more in the line of the Kel-Tec P32, P3at, Ruger LCP, Taurus Spectrum. Mostly 380 acp or 32 acp that will disappear in most any pocket.
Even Glock's entry, the G42 is too big to be a true "mouse gun".
Maybe wee need another term. Like "Hamster" gun. Same Idea as a mouse, but a bit bigger.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old October 15, 2019, 07:53 PM   #80
corneileous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapshooter View Post
Don't think even close. "Mouse gun" is more in the line of the Kel-Tec P32, P3at, Ruger LCP, Taurus Spectrum. Mostly 380 acp or 32 acp that will disappear in most any pocket.

Maybe wee need another term. Like "Hamster" gun. Same Idea as a mouse, but a bit bigger.

I think you may be right but I was part of another forum who kinda head a little bit of it’s head up it’s own ass where a few members felt as though if the gun fits in a pocket or doesn’t necessarily fit one’s hand then it’s a mouse gun.

But yeah, I figured the only real qualifying mouse gun I had was my NAA 22 magnum revolver, or maybe my Ruger LC9S....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old October 15, 2019, 08:59 PM   #81
Nodak1858

Hamster gun, I like that. A Tokarev may fit in that, it's only 30 cal but have to have really big pockets to fit it.
Old October 16, 2019, 09:38 PM   #82
Nanuk

Quote:
Pulling a carry gun is for when you are out of options, avoidance and retreat if possible are the plan before that.
Which is why a mouse gun should be your last option. I carry a fullsize Glock 99% of the time.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.
Old October 16, 2019, 09:42 PM   #83
Auto5

My "big" mouse gun is a Ruger LCP. But I have also carried a Bauer .25 and a NAA Sheriff in .22 mag. My EDC is a P365.
Old October 16, 2019, 09:49 PM   #84
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapshooter View Post
in the late 80s the Bersa 383A was termed a "rat gun" because it was too big to be called a mouse gun but not of a "serious" caliber either. I guess this would have included the walther pp/ppk series guns.
Old October 17, 2019, 05:41 AM   #85
silvermane_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
LOL
LOL, really?, JERRYS has a very pertinent point there jar, when your safety and life are on the line defending ones self or others with a firearm is what will take presidence, and a proper investigation will reveal that the shooting will be justified.
Rugers:SR1911 CMD,MK 3 .22lr 6",Sec. Six '76 liberty .357 4",SRH .480 Ruger 7.5",Mini-14 188 5.56/.233 18.5", Marlins: 795 .22lr 16.5",30aw 30-30 20",Mossberg:Mav. 88 Tact. 12 ga, 18.5",ATR 100 .270 Win. 22",S&W:SW9VE
9mm 4",Springfield:XD .357sig 4", AKs:CAI PSL-54C, WASR 10/63, WW74,SLR-106c

Last edited by silvermane_1; October 17, 2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old October 17, 2019, 07:33 AM   #86
jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermane_1 View Post
LOL, really?, JERRYS has a very pertinent point there jar, when your safety and life are on the line defending ones self or others with a firearm is what will take presidence, and a proper investigation will reveal that the shooting will be justified.
Even a justified shooting will have very serious consequences.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #87
Cheapshooter

Quote:
A Tokarev may fit in that, it's only 30 cal but have to have really big pockets to fit it
Always thought a shortened up "compact" Tokarev, better yet M57, would be a really cool CCW gun. With the 7.62X25 round being a real zinger.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #88
Armybrat

Been totin’ an LCP about 90% of the time since 2008 in a Desantis front pocket holster.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #89
Nodak1858

Quote:
Always thought a shortened up "compact" Tokarev, better yet M57, would be a really cool CCW gun. With the 7.62X25 round being a real zinger.
I agree, I would love to see a "modern" style plastic wonder gun in a 7.62x25. I have a fair share of guns in that caliber and I really like it, don't like reloading it so much but is a fun round. I do have a Zastava M70 in 32acp which is kind of like a baby Tok.