The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 22, 2019, 06:19 PM   #1
JERRYS.

I ordered a new weapon light....

InForce WMLX Multifunction 800 Lumens to replace my TLR I halogen 800 Lumens.

I got my rifle out of my cruiser's trunk (yeah I know...) when a situation was going to break loose at work and I discovered that my light was dead. with no lock out mechanism the switch got bumped and burned out the batteries. Thank God CVS was right there and had some in stock, but I still looked like an idiot.

anyway, anyone have 1st hand experience with the Inforce? I like the lock out tab. this one has the strobe which I don't think older ones did.... yeah, I can't put it on my handguns so now I have two TLRs.
Old April 23, 2019, 12:32 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

I suppose you could keep spare batteries in the buttstock cleaning kit hole or get a cartridge sleeve for the stock and put a couple into loops there to keep the old light going or to have it on a backup gun. You want a spare set anyway.

I don't have experience with that light company, but the tab sure sounds like a good idea. I'll have to look closer. Maybe they'll have a table at NRA Annual Meeting this weekend and I can get a closer look.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old April 23, 2019, 12:51 PM   #3
JERRYS.

I passed over this product in the past because of problems with the housing cracking and the lack of a strobe. the new version has the strobe feature and the housing has been redesigned and is now made of glock frame like polymer.
Old April 23, 2019, 01:55 PM   #4
Sharkbite

Ive got 2 of the inforce WML’s. They are my fav long gun light. I run em at 12o’clock so i can activate em with either hand on the forend.

Not only can you raise the bar to block access to the switch, you can rotate the bezel 1/4 turn to deactivate the light. Thats how they go into my bag.

Travis Haley of Haley Strategic helped design that light. He wont put his name behind junk. FWIW....
Old June 2, 2019, 07:38 AM   #5
JERRYS.

mini update. after about a month of using this light for training and some work issues I call it a winner. I have not abused it to see how well the new and improved glass filled polymer Glock material housing holds up but it has been banged around a little without damage. the lock out tab is a great feature, the unit is low profile and yeah it has a cool look.