The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 27, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1
YankeeIronSights

Charter Arms Pathfinder .22lr (original model)

Hi Everyone:

I found a Charter Arms Pathfinder .22lr (original older model) at my LGS, in very good condition (no rust or scratches) priced at $199.00. I plan to use it to teach students attending NRA Basic Pistol Safety course. I like my students to show proficiency handling .22 cal revolver and semiautomatic pistol (Ruger SR22) before introducing larger caliber pistols at the range.

I have read mixed reviews on Charter Arms firearms, but think older models were built well. I would appreciate comments from anyone who has owned this same nice little revolver. The revolver looks just like the one found via this link...

http://www.fototime.com/2947551392E0DB1/standard.jpg

Old October 27, 2012, 11:28 PM   #2
9mm

Yes, the older ones have better QC/should be a great shooter. If you just search older QC on Charter they seem to be much better than newer stuff.
Old October 28, 2012, 08:06 AM   #3
PetahW

Since all CA gripframes were created equal, the Combat BullDog or square Target Grips are easily switched out for those small carry grips.

I have the Combat BD grips on my 1970's Pathfinder, and replaced the issue rubber bumbers on my 2008 Stainless Pathfinder with 70's square Target Grips.