The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 3, 2006, 09:39 PM   #1
T in VA

Mom's first trip to the range!

Well over the past few weeks my mom and i have been discussing firearms with increasing regularity which lead to us planning a trip to the local range. Tonight was the big night, we went to the range and she had a blast. After some discussion with the guy renting the guns we decided on a .38 S&W revolver for her to shoot. After a little instruction on safety and the basic function of the gun she began to shoot and once she got used to the noise and recoil she did great. She hit the center of the target about 15 times and the rest ranged from pretty close to barely on paper but for a beginner she did very well. The best part is she really liked it and wants to go back and maybe eventually get her own pistol. Now I have a new shooting buddy and its MY MOM. How cool is that?
Old February 4, 2006, 12:58 AM   #2
DWARREN123

Sounds like a win win situation. Always nice to have a good shooting buddy.
Old February 4, 2006, 09:59 PM   #3
Webleymkv

Good for you two! Don't be suprised if she becomes a better shot than you. Women are supposedly inherently better shots than men and they usually take instruction better.