The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 17, 2018, 07:21 PM   #1
Johnny B

CZ P07 Mag Problems

I have a second-hand P-07 Duty in 9mm that I bought on impulse without really knowing much about them. As I mentioned, it's one of the older "Duty" models, and it's my understanding that the mags are an older version; they are marked as 16 round capacity that, if determined, could hold 16 rounds but are best downloaded to 15.

My question, is it common to have follower or spring problems with these mags? I've got one that fails to lock the slide back, and both rattle something fierce. Very audible, which is a bit disconcerting for CCW purposes. No, it's not a deal breaker or even that big an issue, but it definitely touches a nerve in me in a very acute, very obsessive sort of way.

Should I bother replacing springs and followers or is that just how they are? I like the gun quite a bit, but I'm on the fence about keeping it.
Old March 18, 2018, 06:59 AM   #2
OhioGuy

I don't know the answer to that, but I've heard others discuss this on CZ forums. I have the newer generation P-07 that shares magazines with the P10c.

I know the newer P-07 will use either P10c or P-07 15 round mags, and will also use older P-07 "16 but not really" mags. So the fix to your issue could be as simple as buying a newer magazine.

If you're on Facebook, ask to join the group "CZ Polymer Pistol Owners USA (P07/P09/P10)" and the people on there will tell you how to build an entire P-07 out of matchsticks and toothpicks. You'll get answers for sure!
Old March 18, 2018, 11:27 AM   #3
Johnny B

Thanks for the reply, but I swore off of Facebook years ago and have no intention of going back. Too bad, sounds like it would have been exactly what I need.

On the other hand, I didn't know of any CZ specific forums. Perhaps I should check one out.

So, no rattle with your new generations mags? I might be more inclined to trade the gun than buy new mags. There is enough on this gun that I'm not crazy about, that has been changed on the newer guns to make me think it would be more economical to just upgrade the gun than the individual parts, i.e. sights, trigger geometry, and magazines.
Old March 18, 2018, 11:29 AM   #4
OhioGuy

Nope. Solid as you could want

Newer generation trigger is a big improvement.
Old March 18, 2018, 07:32 PM   #5
chrisp51

Very good CZ forum at czfirearms.us.
Old March 18, 2018, 07:42 PM   #6
Johnny B

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Old March 18, 2018, 08:28 PM   #7
HistoryJunky

My mags rattle too on my GEN2 P07. Not enough to be an issue. They both work great. I have never had a malfunction with my P07 aside from a firing pin retention spring breaking

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old March 18, 2018, 09:30 PM   #8
Johnny B

That's a bit discouraging. The mag rattling is annoying.