The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 7, 2009, 03:35 PM   #1
old fart

looseness with forearm off?

i have had several threads on here about my optima, so far ya'll or cva have help straighten them out. this time i have question about barrel to frame tightness, when i take the forearm off and hold the stock tight there is a slight movement side to side.i can't see it but can feel it just a little, there is no up and down movement. with the forearm on there is no movement, i tried my other optima the one i've never fired and its the same way. with the forearms on they are tight but take the forearms off and there is slight movement. is this normal?, i contacted cva again and they said its ok to have movement with the forearm off, but it should be tight with the forearm on. have any of ya'll tried your's to see if they are tight with the forearm off? i'm not talking about a lot of wobble but if i hold the frame tight there is slight movement with the forearm off. thanks for any help.
Old November 7, 2009, 04:01 PM   #2
arcticap

If they both slightly wobble and one is brand new, then it sounds like CVA is giving you the right info. and the forestock helps to keep it tight by design.
There's a lot of user reviews on Cabela's and not many complaints. The design of every gun model is different.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1